TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

How much will Tesla charge for supercharging? Speculate!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by calisnow, Dec 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. calisnow

calisnow Banned

Any ideas? All we know is Tesla has said it will be "less than a tank of gas." So - what are we thinking? After you use your monthly allowance, perhaps roughly $10 to "fill up" perhaps?

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

I speculate that it will be highly variable depending on cost of electricity, demand rates, lease of site if any, and the cost to maintain it. I'm sure that they have a spreadsheet for each site and know exactly what each Kwh costs.

3. cpa

cpa Active Member

I think there will be two choices--a weekly all-you-can charge with no limit for ~$75. And three blocks of charging by the kWh:

250 kWh for $50.00; 500kWh for $95.00 and 1,000kWh for $185.00.

I think these choices will work for people who cannot charge at home or work (they can buy one of the bundled packages) and those who take occasional road trips and do not want to worry about "counting the kWh" while on vacation.

At three miles per kWh one can drive 750 miles on 250kWh. A gasoline equivalent of 30MPG at $2.50/gallon = 25 gallons of gasoline for $62.50.

Hey, maybe my prices are too low!

4. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

I disagree with the above. I believe you will have a credit card on file with Tesla, and you will be charged the rate for that site according to what you use. This also allows them to charge for idle fees when not charging and parked.

• Like x 3