Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much will Tesla charge for supercharging? Speculate!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I speculate that it will be highly variable depending on cost of electricity, demand rates, lease of site if any, and the cost to maintain it. I'm sure that they have a spreadsheet for each site and know exactly what each Kwh costs.

I think there will be two choices--a weekly all-you-can charge with no limit for ~$75. And three blocks of charging by the kWh:

250 kWh for $50.00; 500kWh for $95.00 and 1,000kWh for $185.00.

I think these choices will work for people who cannot charge at home or work (they can buy one of the bundled packages) and those who take occasional road trips and do not want to worry about "counting the kWh" while on vacation.

At three miles per kWh one can drive 750 miles on 250kWh. A gasoline equivalent of 30MPG at $2.50/gallon = 25 gallons of gasoline for $62.50.

Hey, maybe my prices are too low!

I think there will be two choices--a weekly all-you-can charge with no limit for ~$75. And three blocks of charging by the kWh:

250 kWh for $50.00; 500kWh for $95.00 and 1,000kWh for $185.00.

I think these choices will work for people who cannot charge at home or work (they can buy one of the bundled packages) and those who take occasional road trips and do not want to worry about "counting the kWh" while on vacation.

At three miles per kWh one can drive 750 miles on 250kWh. A gasoline equivalent of 30MPG at $2.50/gallon = 25 gallons of gasoline for $62.50.

Hey, maybe my prices are too low!

I disagree with the above. I believe you will have a credit card on file with Tesla, and you will be charged the rate for that site according to what you use. This also allows them to charge for idle fees when not charging and parked.