Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often did you use the upgraded AP functions

Do you think it’s worth the $7900 (CAD) upgrade

• Yes

• No

• I’m thinking too

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the present time, I don't believe Upgraded AP is worth the extra cost...and this is coming from a Tesla M3 owner who upgraded four days ago. In Southern California, there are too many erratic drivers who make very quick and abrupt lane changes. We had an experience this weekend in which the M3 was preparing to make an Auto Lane Change to the right while Navigating when a driver behind us decided to quickly accelerate, pass to the right, and zip around us. The Tesla made an emergency movement to the left to avoid a collision and was headed toward the left concrete freeway divider (or so I thought). I had to take over to avoid crashing into the barrier (again, or so I thought...but I was unwilling to wait and see what the car would do itself). Also, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control is very jerky...quick accelerations, and quick decelerations when they're not necessary. It makes for an unnerving ride. I'd rather do it myself.

I have yet to see AutoPark in action. It's too slow to recognize a space that's available. I can park the car myself in a quarter of the time it'd take the M3, even if it properly identified the space, which it does only 50% of the time.

Summon is useless to us. I was under the false impression the car could find us in a parking garage. Nope. Forty foot straight-line-of-sight only. This was my fault for not researching deeper.

All-in-all, not worth the $6000 plus tax USD. Perhaps in the future it may save us money by buying early for FSD, but based on Tesla's price change history, I'm dubious.

I would not purchase the upgrade package if I had it to do over.

Reactions: Ugene