Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often do you clean your Tesla?

How long do you clean your Tesla car?

• Once a week

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • once a month

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Twice a month

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed! These are cars, They are meant to be driven and utilized. I drive the crap out of it and I drive my Roadster aggressively too.

Ultimately these are forms of transportation. I don't mess it up intentionally but I also am not afraid to get her muddy and dirty. I go to work. I shop. I get hardware and building supplies. I take kids to and from games and friends houses.I expect dirt and such will get in the car and under the pads to an extent.

My car is not a diamond ring that needs to be polished and shining. It is not a religious artifact that requires reverence and worship. Sure I clean and vacuum occasionally (because I am a clean person who does not want to live in a dirty place), but it is not an obsession or compulsion. I see my car as a modern day tool of necessity that allows me to move and function within society by taking on jobs that I would not otherwise be able to tackle without her assistance.

I am unsure if you are attacking your friend's insufficient cleaning efforts or if you are making a comment about how quickly Tesla vehicles attract dirt, or if you are commenting about how dirt can find hiding places in a Tesla.

Cars get dirty if you drive them, and it is not possible to absolutely sterilize and clean them on a moment to moment basis. To me, your friend's car looks fine, if not a bit overprotected with aftermarket seat and floor guards.

I treat my Model X in the same fashion as you describe above but it's nearly always clean. It is possible to use your car as a car and also keep it clean at the same time. I respect the fact that you don't appreciate a perfectly spotless car. That is your choice as it is my choice to have mine shining as much as possible. Your assumption that people who choose to keep their cars immaculate are somehow "obsessed or compulsive" and those that just let it be covered in dirt and grime are somehow superior is ridiculous as much as it is completely false. I will not apologize for wanting to have my $160k car looking like new as long as possible. it is the most expensive thing I own outside of my house. Nor would I expect you to apologize for not giving AF that your car is covered in dirt, grime, snow, or whatever..... Neither of us right or wrong here. You do what you do and I'll do what I do. I won't accuse you of being a lazy slob and you don't need to accuse me of being obsessive or compulsive.

• Disagree
Reactions: Don TLR and TOBASH