Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Often do you get low tire pressure warning that requires topping off the air?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My TPMS agree exactly with several gauges so I'm saying they are right on. It's so easy to check pressure. SWIPE LEFT.
I check it every drive.There is only about 1.5" from the edge of the rim to the concrete so it's really important on the performance model. And yes the pressure setting is cold ie driven less than a mile. Never adjust the pressure hot unless you are very sure of what you are doing.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Never. I keep my tires' pressure up. If you wait until the warning comes on, you are shortening the life of your tires.

Same here. We've had one Model 3 since May and one since September and we've never seen a low tire pressure warning. I fill them up when the temperature drops. I've been pleased with the performance of the Michelin MXM4's at 45 psi and I was running the Pirelli Sottozero 2's at the same pressure but recently decided I liked 46 psi better. I don't understand the "comfort" consideratiion, the seats are well padded, even at 55 years old I don't find 50 psi to be uncomfortable. I would run them at 50 psi for maximum efficiency but I like to chose the pressure based upon maximum cornering/avoidance manuever grip.

Reactions: jerry33
I would run them at 50 psi for maximum efficiency but I like to chose the pressure based upon maximum cornering/avoidance manuever grip.
Bear in mind that the maximum cornering/avoidance manuever grip is for dry conditions. You’re more likely to have issues in wet weather. Hydroplaning happens when the wedge of water that builds up in front of the tire eqials the inflation pressure.