Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to access Spotify?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a premium subscription that I was able to use via Apple Carplay in my last vehicle. I can’t seem to find where/how to access Spotify in the Y. Do I need to download it? Please inform. Thanks.

I've all of a sudden been getting "Spotify is playing on another device" errors. I just refresh and it plays no problem. Any idea what this is?
I would sometimes see this message after I linked my Spotify Premium account to Amazon Alexa as the default music streaming service. I switched the Amazon Alexa default music streaming service back to Amazon Music and have not had this problem again.

I have no issues when listening to Spotify on my iPhone, then listening to Spotify in my Model Y. (Usually the Tesla Spotify app will start playing the last music selection I was listening to on my iPhone.

Spotify playlists are still buggy. If I start playing one of the Spotify Daily Mixes, the next time I drive Spotify will start playing some random favorite, totally ignore the Daily Mix playlist.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's definitely strange - if I'm playing my main playlist, then were to switch to the radio, then exit the car, then return and go back to Spotify, it basically takes me to the beginning of my playlist and then shuffles from there. I wish it would just pick up where it left off always.

There was an update and now when I try to start Spotify in my MS there is a QR code on the screen. When I scan the QR code on my phone it opens Spotify on my phone. Trying to figure out how to log in to Spotify in my car. It no longer asks for user name and password, which would have been easy.