Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to achieve the fastest 0-60 time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^ Agreed with all of the above. Lol @ downhill grade.

If you're trying to do a test for to get your best time just make sure to take out any excess loose weight - For me this includes floor mats, trunk cover, frunk tow eye, and the console bucket. Sport mode steering (for greatest control to keep in a straight line). A/C off. You'll probably get your best results after a few runs as the battery warms up.

My best times are using brake hold and I've stuck to it. Foot on the pedal and to the floor as fast as possible. Keep in a perfectly straight line. It's debatable whether the aero caps on/off help matters but there's that.

Higher SOC means more power available so 80% is better than 20% (XLR82XS covered). Also cut off the HVAC since this can suck a kW. Hold gives you a 100% full stop and clean start and as SD_Engnr said STOMP and hold. This is even more important on an AWD/Performance to energize the induction motor.

These are the best 0-60 and 60-0 times I could get with my car bone stock - not on a track/prepped surface.

Attachments

• IMG_1421.jpeg
    IMG_1421.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1422.jpeg
    IMG_1422.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: SD_Engnr
Lightweight 18" wheels whether OEM or aftermarket seems to be good for -0.1 second to 60 MPH according to my experiment going from heavy OEM 20" wheels to 16.7 lbs aftermarket 18" wheels as well as other user experiences with OEM 18" wheels.

The fastest 0-60 on Dragy for Tesla Model 3 Performance is a guy with a P3D- without the heavier bigger brakes, without the bigger heavier wheels, and he even had his A/C for his best run.

Okay, I’m a bit slow, but can someone be very specific with the best technique.

Car mode
Brake pedal pushed?
Accelerator stomp?

I don’t have my 3 yet, but assumed that it would have something simple like press the brake, keep that pressed hard and push the accelerator to the floor, release the brake when you want to go..