Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to clean sunscreen stains?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning I noticed that my daughter got sunscreen on the door and seat of my Model 3:

w7cxjun.jpg

I wiped it with a wet cloth (the pic is after my attempt to clean it), but the stain is still there. Any suggestions on how to clean this?

My recommendation is to try an auto interior cleaner first. Then maybe a stronger all-purpose cleaner like Simply Green. If those don't work, I would try degreaser diluted 5:1 to 10:1 with distilled water.

Last summer, diluted degreaser is the only thing that worked to get sunblock stains out of our vinyl seats.

Reactions: IsthataTesl.a?
I've had similar problems with sunscreen. Auto interior cleaners and diluted Simple Green didn't help much. But as a previous poster suggested, rubbing alcohol works well on the seats (I just tried it yesterday). Other Tesla forums suggested that the source material for the Model 3 seats is Ultra Fabrics, Inc. Their website has the following recommendations for cleaners (including 70% rubbing alcohol):

Cleaning and Care | ultrafabrics

I used a wet with water microfiber cloth and a dab of Murphy's oil soap on that and successfully removed the white suntan lotion/sunscreen/sun block.
What level of Sun Screen? My wife uses 50, which is the highest..I think. I Tried Murphy's Oil soap..scrubbed and scrubbed,,got about %50 off, still a white shadow. Ordered Meguiars Super Degreaser.....

Last edited: