Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to Delay/ hold order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve seen mentioned that people were able to place the reservation, then place it on hold for some period of months before you’re paired with a VIN. How do you do that?
I placed an order end of March, then noticed they’re estimating June for delivery, but I’d rather wait. I both texted and emailed the sales advisor who helped me during the test drive and haven’t seen any response at all, or changes to the estimated delivery date. I think it’s a ymmv situation, but Is there some trick to getting SAs to respond? Or do I just wait till I get a VIN and they start bugging me for insurance and payment, and delay at that point ?
I’d rather delay / hold the Rez now if possible since the clock starts on the timer once they give you a VIN.

I got an email from the local store a couple hours after my reservation was confirmed. I told him that I was going to delay and he said no problem. Currently I am on hold til Q4 but I might push til Q1 2022 (mentioned I was waiting for the tax breaks to come back). Very easy.

View attachment 660113

Same, I ordered in May 2021, only because the guy said I can hold it for a year. Now I just got the nastygram saying I have to take it now. Trying to see what options I have as I dont want it til 2022 so i can get the maxx rebate.

Upvote 0
Same, I ordered in May 2021, only because the guy said I can hold it for a year. Now I just got the nastygram saying I have to take it now. Trying to see what options I have as I dont want it til 2022 so i can get the maxx rebate.
Reread your email, mine just said I had to confirm when I wanted it by a certain date, not that I had to take delivery now. The people being told to take delivery now have had orders on hold over a year.

Upvote 0