Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to determine if used MX from Tesla site has MCU2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not saying it's not a legit business, but the "sc.pathmazing.com" subdomain is hosted separately from the main company website, and seems to be a rouge, hacked version of the original source.

Digging into this deeper, if you know anything about HTML source, just look at the source of each page.

HomeNet Automotive:
Code:
view-source:https://backwebs.homenetinc.com/tesla/details/@/5YJXCAE43JF106596/

Pathmazing:
Code:
view-source:https://sc.pathmazing.com/tesla/details/@/5YJXCAE43JF106596

Clearly the pathmazing link is a hacked, butchered up version of the homenetinc.com source page, and missing a significant amount of code and tracking. The pathmazing source even has some hacked code at the bottom from stackoverflow.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I can bet that it's not "official" and someone is using/replacing that link for some nefarious reason(s).
Looks like both of those paths have been killed.

Looks like both of those paths have been killed.

I looks like it's heading in that direction, but there are still active links out there:

2017 Tesla Model S 5YJSA1E20HF217034
2017 Tesla Model S 5YJSA1E20HF219544

Most certainly the backwebs-homenetinc-com links are dead (I can't find any working), but many of the pathmazing links are active, but dwindling.

About two weeks ago I enhanced EV-CPO to check both links and return whichever one is active. So you can still click on the red link of the color name in the "Color" column for used vehicles, and if either of the links work, it will re-direct you. If neither work, and error page will display.

upload_2020-12-29_11-12-47.png

I looks like it's heading in that direction, but there are still active links out there:

2017 Tesla Model S 5YJSA1E20HF217034
2017 Tesla Model S 5YJSA1E20HF219544

Most certainly the backwebs-homenetinc-com links are dead (I can't find any working), but many of the pathmazing links are active, but dwindling.

About two weeks ago I enhanced EV-CPO to check both links and return whichever one is active. So you can still click on the red link of the color name in the "Color" column for used vehicles, and if either of the links work, it will re-direct you. If neither work, and error page will display.

View attachment 622084
I just checked 4 recently listed Model Xs and all had errors. It appears they are killing the photos for cars recently added to inventory, but paths may still be available for existing.