Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to drive with FSD Beta 10.69.3.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to download 10.69.3.1 on Nov 23rd and tried it for the first time that night. I have to go through two gates so did not use it for those yet as I do not know how it will react. Trip was only 0.9 miles with a few stop signs, a few left turns, and one traffic light. Mostly it did fine with all of that until right before the end. I needed to do a left turn from a stop sign onto a boulevard entrance to our neighborhood. The car got into the left turn lane and stopped at the stop sign with no problem, but then initiating the left turn it got totally confused and started to speed up a bit and run way wide. I had to quickly turn the car hard left to keep it from possibly hitting a curb! No idea why it freaked out in that spot as it is well marked. Will try it again in the daytime and see what happens. Yes I paid 15K for FSD in the hope that it will eventually become reliable. I do find it really hard to fathom that the regulators allow this sort of thing in a car on public roads. Yes I know it is beta software, and I will continue to use it and see how it goes. Also the nav system thinks that the speed limit on one road is 55mph when in fact it is 35mph and has a right curve. So the car duly accelerated to 55mph but did slow down for the curve to a safe speed. Not really a FSD issue there but more a database error.