Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to easily enable TACC but not AP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm mildly annoyed by the reduction of speed for AP on non-highways down to the speed limit, rather than 5 over. I think it is BS, however I only used AP on those roads as a novelty and to help Tesla collect data (or in heavy traffic, but it still works for that). At 5mph over it was tolerable but you just can't drive the speed limit around here.

So what I want to do now is use traffic-aware cruise control instead, however I want to quickly engage it at my pre-set speed over the speed limit (+12mph). When I pull the stalk once it engages TACC. Then I have to do a long pull to jump to my pre-set offset from the speed limit. The challenge is that if I do those two pulls too close together it engages AutoPilot. If I do those two pulls too far apart then I spend more time at the wrong speed (or accelerating/slowing down towards the wrong speed).

Is there an easier way I'm missing here?

So I'm mildly annoyed by the reduction of speed for AP on non-highways down to the speed limit, rather than 5 over. I think it is BS, however I only used AP on those roads as a novelty and to help Tesla collect data (or in heavy traffic, but it still works for that). At 5mph over it was tolerable but you just can't drive the speed limit around here.

So what I want to do now is use traffic-aware cruise control instead, however I want to quickly engage it at my pre-set speed over the speed limit (+12mph). When I pull the stalk once it engages TACC. Then I have to do a long pull to jump to my pre-set offset from the speed limit. The challenge is that if I do those two pulls too close together it engages AutoPilot. If I do those two pulls too far apart then I spend more time at the wrong speed (or accelerating/slowing down towards the wrong speed).

Is there an easier way I'm missing here?

Have you tried to engage TACC by pulling UP one time?