Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to edit post?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the basic question, but I would like to edit a post that I started but cannot seem to find a 'edit' button, only 'reply' and 'quote' option is available.

Can you please advise how this can be done?

Thanks!

IF you can edit (and there's a limited amount of time that you can), you'll see the button in the lower left of your message (near "REPORT"). You've only posted 7 messages, so you might not be able to edit at all until you have more under your belt. (Which, I think, is a bit silly: you should at LEAST be able to edit any message that doesn't have any replies yet!)

Reactions: katbc
Sorry for the basic question, but I would like to edit a post that I started but cannot seem to find a 'edit' button, only 'reply' and 'quote' option is available.

Thanks!

You have one hour to edit your commentary once you have it posted. The hour starts over after you complete your edit. Once the hour is up, you can no longer edit your post.

Select: "more" and you'll see the edit option...
20170412_213153.png

Last edited:

Thanks!
Hello,

I am very new here. How do I post on this forum? I could not find it anywhere. Do not laugh, as I said I am new.............Mike

IF you can edit (and there's a limited amount of time that you can), you'll see the button in the lower left of your message (near "REPORT"). You've only posted 7 messages, so you might not be able to edit at all until you have more under your belt. (Which, I think, is a bit silly: you should at LEAST be able to edit any message that doesn't have any replies yet!)
Sorry to ask basic question how to post a question. It asks me to choose a recipient and I don’t know anyone. I just signed up now. Thanks

I have Model 3 and haven’t received the 9.0 software update yet Any suggestions? My car is only 2 weeks old and having numerous problems like windows not rolling, homeliness not working and Autopilot not working. Mobile tech is scheduled for 2 days from now

Hi guys I am trying to figure out this website. Does it need to really be this hard to post, edit and generally use the website? Also is this site owned by Tesla or it is an independent site? Just curious.

From the page footer:

"Copyright © 2006-2018 Tesla Motors Club LLC. All rights reserved. Tesla Motors Club LLC (TMC) is an independent enthusiast organization and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors, Inc. or its subsidiaries."

What are you having problems with? If you can be specific about the difficulties you're seeing, perhaps we can give you some hints to get you going.

Bruce.

From the page footer:

"Copyright © 2006-2018 Tesla Motors Club LLC. All rights reserved. Tesla Motors Club LLC (TMC) is an independent enthusiast organization and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors, Inc. or its subsidiaries."

What are you having problems with? If you can be specific about the difficulties you're seeing, perhaps we can give you some hints to get you going.

Bruce.

Hi Bruce, thanks for your prompt answer. I just couldn't find options to edit/delete a reply or a post. I couldn't find the option to edit my profile picture. I couldn't also upload any media. Not sure why those privileges are so unavailable? I read someone said you need to use the forum for a while until you get them. Maybe they need to be paid. I am a bit lost.

Thanks

Hi Bruce, thanks for your prompt answer. I just couldn't find options to edit/delete a reply or a post. I couldn't find the option to edit my profile picture. I couldn't also upload any media. Not sure why those privileges are so unavailable? I read someone said you need to use the forum for a while until you get them. Maybe they need to be paid. I am a bit lost.

Thanks

In general, once posts are made, they're up for good. With some levels of paid accounts you have the ability to edit posts after-the-fact, but even then there are time limits. So write your posts carefully. :)

If you really really really really need a post deleted or edited, report that post and a moderator will take a look. In general we try not to delete or edit posts except in cases of obvious errors (such as duplicate posts) or personal information being accidentally disclosed, that sort of thing.

Hope this helps!

Bruce.