Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get a Model 3 Performance Stealth / Sleeper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Maalb

May 8, 2020
Houston
Hi I'm been calling the Tesla centers looking for a model 3 performance( Stealth) and basically they told me the don't make it anymore if you want you can pay full price with the 18 wheels or upgrade to full performance packages with no extra cost.

Do you know any Tesla representative can help me.

Hi I'm been calling the Tesla centers looking for a model 3 performance( Stealth) and basically they told me the don't make it anymore if you want you can pay full price with the 18 wheels or upgrade to full performance packages with no extra cost.

Do you know any Tesla representative can help me.

I did the same thing as you back in March and it is no longer possible to get the $2k stealth option. All the reps are correct in saying that you can get this model configured on the site, but you're now paying full performance model price whether or not you go for the upgrade package.

If you're lucky, you might be able to find a pre-owned one.

Reactions: SlimJim
Yep, disappointing. Our P3- from 12/19 has track mode and was only $2k (plus the sport 19" wheels & tires so $3500 total). Trying to order a YP- last month was confusing, bumping into the full PUP cost. I called our salesman to confirm I wasn't doing something wrong. He was in complete agreement and expects this to change again.

So pretty obvious why the one config of model Y that's in stock are $$$ stealths that few are willing to buy.

This kind of disappointing how Tesla now is basically ON or OFF, how you will pay the same amount of 57K for the car without the performance package?... PLUS all the paint & quality control issues than we all now they have.

I REALLY like & want a Tesla but i think they just don't care about new clients (on that aspect)

The Stealth trims are gone, Tesla just “does” stuff and if you can’t handle them changing stuff on the fly then maybe it’s not for you. On the plus side of changes we owners get all sorts of random updates and new *sugar* that BMW or Mercedes or Ford will never do and don’t want to.

Buy a used Stealth if you really want that trim but honestly any trim is great. There’s not much for incentives to buy new unless your state gives you something. Miles on an EV are not equivalent to a gas car so don’t be afraid of 15-20K miles on a 12month old car if you find that rare Stealth trim.

And really the paint and panel gaps are not that bad anymore, especially on the Model 3. Don’t give anymore attention to those old articles.

Looks like Tesla removed the Stealth option in the performance package, so it looks like you're stuck with the 20's wheels.

Wonder why they removed it.

Whoa you're right...my guess is that there is a real performance pack coming that will include the track pack upgrade and maybe some other goodies (dare i say ludicrous mode?).

You'd get more aggressive brake pads, tire compound, different wheels, maybe different suspension (the current "difference" is super minimal) and perhaps more speed. 10K more?

Since you can no longer deselect the performance package from the performance model, I'd say the closest you are going to get is to buy the LR AWD and pay for the $2k acceleration boost upgrade. You will not get track mode with this option either.

Don't they charge full price for them now? Seems like a waste of money to downgrade it

Nope- they removed the option entirely last week.

Lots of speculation why... (ranging from they're gonna start offering a full P software unlock on LR AWD cars instead, to they're gonna bring it back later and have a "real" performance upgrade for added money instead of the mostly cosmetic boat-anchor 20" wheels and spoiler one.)