Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get a Model 3 Performance Stealth / Sleeper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had no alignment or paint issues at all on the Tesla Model 3 Stealth I took delivery on in late December. As it was built after I ordered it in early December gut feel tells me that they 1) had extra performance motors in stock due to lighter sales of performance than they planned for and 2) they tended to put these in the line with cars scheduled for red paint. Latter based on comments our sales guy made while trying to find a white model before my wife insisted on red. And yes, track mode worked on this car fine.

I like the power but I didn’t want the larger wheels or need the larger brakes and definitely didn’t want the lower range of the larger performance tires so it was worth a $2000 upgrade but I wouldn’t have gone for paying the full performance price just for a bigger inverter on the same model 3 motor.

Km

Awesome, fast charge? Like how many miles per hour?
This really isn't the thread for this info but: I have an SR+ which tops out at 32amps. I can charge at 35mph. I imagine you'll get about 40mph+ with a 50amp circuit which you should limit to 40 amps.

Ok, back to the thread about not being able to get a stealth performance model for cheaper than full performance any more.

Ok, back to the thread about not being able to get a stealth performance model for cheaper than full performance any more.

The Stealth is discontinued (for now) and nobody knows if and when Tesla will start making them again, full stop. They have historically come and gone - only being produced for periods of time.

That's pretty much the end of it.

If I were the OP I would look at waiting to see if one pop's up on the used car market as your best chance as I'm sure all the one's that were produced before have been accounted for - they go pretty fast when they are available (though now that Tesla didn't make them cost less on the latest pricing model, probably not so much).

The Stealth trims are gone, Tesla just “does” stuff and if you can’t handle them changing stuff on the fly then maybe it’s not for you. On the plus side of changes we owners get all sorts of random updates and new *sugar* that BMW or Mercedes or Ford will never do and don’t want to.

Buy a used Stealth if you really want that trim but honestly any trim is great. There’s not much for incentives to buy new unless your state gives you something. Miles on an EV are not equivalent to a gas car so don’t be afraid of 15-20K miles on a 12month old car if you find that rare Stealth trim.

And really the paint and panel gaps are not that bad anymore, especially on the Model 3. Don’t give anymore attention to those old articles.
Thanks for your comments, it eases my feelings after reading the issues post of another!

Thanks for your comments, it eases my feelings after reading the issues post of another!
At last, having wondered what on earth was going on with my totally standard 2019 M3 LR AWD which appears to get to 100km/h in about 3 seconds, I have a possible answer. Our import from Japan could (just 'could') be a 'stealth' model. I used to race cars and Chichi is much much faster than any of them, giving a real kick in the back on generous throttle, nauseating until we got used to it. Not complaining; I love it, having already burned off two hoons... (and got two tickets...)

At last, having wondered what on earth was going on with my totally standard 2019 M3 LR AWD which appears to get to 100km/h in about 3 seconds, I have a possible answer. Our import from Japan could (just 'could') be a 'stealth' model. I used to race cars and Chichi is much much faster than any of them, giving a real kick in the back on generous throttle, nauseating until we got used to it. Not complaining; I love it, having already burned off two hoons... (and got two tickets...)
My stealth P3 said it was a performance model in the info screen of the car. So if yours says it's a LR AWD model on your screen, that's what it is.