Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get my SiriusXM streaming subscription to play on my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I stream music from SeriusXM, for which I already have a subscription, to my 2017 Tesla Model S? I love listening to the easy-music broadcast on the Escape Channel 69. I have been sucessful streaming it to my Apple iPhone X; and getting the Alexa Skill to playit on my Amazon Echo speakers. I just have not been able o get it to play on the entertainment system of my 2017 Teshla Model S. My vehicle just has the AM Radio Can someone help me? Step-by-step instructions would be most appreciated, I am old. lol.

Thank You

Tesla should add the SiriusXM streaming app to their media player, which would provide more channels than are available from their satellites.

Until/unless that happens, the only alternative is to run the streaming app on a bluetooth-connected device. Unfortunately, control of the app will require interacting with that device's touchscreen - which is illegal in some areas while driving.

If Tesla ever implements the screen mirroring Musk promised years ago - either with the established Apple CarPlay/Android Auto (which seems unlikely) or a private or 3rd party solution, then you'd be able to interact with the app on the console display. Since it's been a long time since Musk mentioned this, it seems unlikely we'll see this any time soon.

So fire up the app on your phone - and use bluetooth...

How do I stream music from SeriusXM, for which I already have a subscription, to my 2017 Tesla Model S? I love listening to the easy-music broadcast on the Escape Channel 69. I have been sucessful streaming it to my Apple iPhone X; and getting the Alexa Skill to playit on my Amazon Echo speakers. I just have not been able o get it to play on the entertainment system of my 2017 Teshla Model S. My vehicle just has the AM Radio Can someone help me? Step-by-step instructions would be most appreciated, I am old. lol.

Thank You
After many hours of trial and error, I finally got it to work. First, I got SiriusXM to play on my iiPhone This was accomplished by purchasing and installing Ravf-VIVA (an Alexa device for vehiclesj, installing the Alexa Assistant, the SiriusXM App and the Sirius Skill for Alexa. Having installed that stuff, I issued the verbal command: “Alexa, Play Escape on SiriusXM).” Then, on the Tesla main screen, I went to Audio and sellected my iPhone as the sound source. Walla! Music began playing through the car speakers.

You may need all of these steps. But this is what worked for me. It plays SiriusXM without either an XM OR FM radio. And I can controlthe process hands-free.

Mel

After many hours of trial and error, I finally got it to work. First, I got SiriusXM to play on my iiPhone This was accomplished by purchasing and installing Roav-VIVA (an Alexa device for vehiclesj, installing the Alexa Assistant, the SiriusXM App and the Sirius Skill for Alexa. Having installed that stuff, I issued the verbal command: “Alexa, Play Escape on SiriusXM).” Then, on the Tesla main screen, I went to Audio and sellected my iPhone as the sound source. Walla! Music began playing through the car speakers.

You may need all of these steps. But this is what worked for me. It plays SiriusXM without either an XM OR FM radio. And I can controlthe process hands-free.

Mel
Correction: S/b Roav-VIVA.

Last edited: