Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to know when preconditioning is done or in process?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to know when preconditioning is done or at least see a gauge for time left. I know we have a departure time, but what if i want to see how much time is left before preconditioning is complete?

It would be nice to have some way to see the status for preconditioning.

Which preconditioning are you talking about? For the cabin, I think the mobile app can have a notification that tells you that the cabin has reached the target temperature.
The battery heating that *might* happen during that cabin conditioning does not have any messages. You can see that it's being performed by the three "bacon" lines in the mobile app. The bacon will disappear when the car stops actively heating the battery.

The battery heating en route to a supercharger is different. That has an indication in the car's navigation. When the message is displayed, the car is actively heating. There should also be bacon icons in the mobile app if you look at it during that time.

EDIT: you don't need to wait for it to complete before leaving home... You can hop in and drive without conditioning at all. You battery will just be colder. It might provide partial, or no regen, it might provide less power... but you won't hurt the battery by driving.

Which preconditioning are you talking about? For the cabin, I think the mobile app can have a notification that tells you that the cabin has reached the target temperature.
The battery heating that *might* happen during that cabin conditioning does not have any messages. You can see that it's being performed by the three "bacon" lines in the mobile app. The bacon will disappear when the car stops actively heating the battery.

The battery heating en route to a supercharger is different. That has an indication in the car's navigation. When the message is displayed, the car is actively heating. There should also be bacon icons in the mobile app if you look at it during that time.

EDIT: you don't need to wait for it to complete before leaving home... You can hop in and drive without conditioning at all. You battery will just be colder. It might provide partial, or no regen, it might provide less power... but you won't hurt the battery by driving.
For battery preconditioning.
Not sure i have the bacon lines you are referring too? This may be what i'm looking for. Do you have a pic of this? thanks.