Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to not clear snow from your Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Dad used to own a paint spray shop. I was too young to remember, but he tells me the story of when he took me to work one weekend while he finished a job. He found me helping him with the final polish of the newly sprayed car, but with sandpaper. šŸ˜²šŸ˜²
Reminds me of my daughter when she was 5 coming out and helping me clean our new car. I was so thrilled when she said she was helping dad and went to the other side of the car until I heard the noise of the ball point pen going all the way along the side šŸ„ŗ

I had a similar thing with my trade-in vehicle before my first Model S just after the Beast From The East (tm) storm event, happening to be in a local highest snow level spot in the county that kept me inside for 4 days. Had to gently brush off most of the snow but left with an icy layer below containing all sorts of airborne contaminants from when it all began. Didnā€™t look ideal at MK on collection day in the bright sunshine, but frankly it goes off to a third-party reselling agency that valets/details it and probably ended up doing a whole-body single-pass machine polish and alloy respray/bake regardless.

My Dad used to own a paint spray shop. I was too young to remember, but he tells me the story of when he took me to work one weekend while he finished a job. He found me helping him with the final polish of the newly sprayed car, but with sandpaper. šŸ˜²šŸ˜²
And another reminds me of...

Dad, I've finished.
You wombat, I told you to paint the porch not the Porsche...