Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to precondition using wall charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all i cant find a answer for this so hoping u can help

I charge using a nightly schedule using my wall charger app 00:00-05:00
With the car still plugged in, say 7:30am my wife goes into the app and hits climate.
how do i set this up so the car uses the wall charger rather than my main car batteries?

does she have to manually hit charge in the app as the night charge is set to 00:00-05;00 I cant seem to find a way
To keep it simple

regards
Tom

how do i set this up so the car uses the wall charger rather than my main car batteries?
There is nothing to "set up". If the car is plugged into any external power source, it will always draw energy from that for any heating or cooling.

*EDIT*
I charge using a nightly schedule using my wall charger app 00:00-05:00

Oh, wait a sec. You mean you have your wall connector set to not provide a power connection after 5:00 AM? Well then there's nothing you can do to make it provide power if you've told it to not provide power. I was thinking just using the car's scheduling.

If the car is plugged in and the scheduled charging is set in the car it will still pull power from the charger if you start to consume electricity. So if your wife starts the car heating it should not consume battery. This of course only if your charger is still physically connected to the power.
This is the case with my S and X and assume the 3 works the same.

Reactions: Rocky_H