Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to prevent the sunlights effectively?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The top glass is just darkened, it does not include UV protection. Get a tint put on it, you'll block UV and it'll feel cooler.

Thought about doing that when I get the side windows "and hatch glass" tinted, but on cooler days, evenings, or through the winter months, etc. I usually enjoy the warmth and light as well as the view of the sky in the cabin. If the sunshades don't cut it for some reason then yes, some level of tint will be needed. If you have done so, how dark did you go? something like "limo tint"? I really don't care about UV blocking as much as I do reducing the thermal load. Thoughts?

The top glass is just darkened, it does not include UV protection. Get a tint put on it, you'll block UV and it'll feel cooler.

That is not what I understood. When glass roof came out, I saw several quotes like this:

"Tesla says their new tinted glass will block 98% of UV rays and 81% of heat, so the car’s interior won’t become a sweltering oven with all that exposure to the sun"

Those numbers look both pretty high and pretty exact (like they were measured or something!)

• Informative
Reactions: jrad6515
I think if summer lack of the the sunshade it will be hardly to stay in the S interior.
It really isn't. I never feel heat on my head when driving. The tint works quite well. I got the shades mainly because of my OCD about heat and getting into a hot car. Simply cannot stand it. What I find to be amazing is that I can turn my A/C on from my phone perhaps 2-3 minutes before I get to the car and she is completely comfortable. As a matter of fact, I got home tonight and pulled in my garage, with climate set at 65, which is my preferred setting. I came out 15 minutes later, opened the door to pull my briefcase out and the car actually felt cold inside after being off for that long in an approx 90 degree garage (not too hot today). Pretty neat.

It really isn't. I never feel heat on my head when driving. The tint works quite well. I got the shades mainly because of my OCD about heat and getting into a hot car. Simply cannot stand it. What I find to be amazing is that I can turn my A/C on from my phone perhaps 2-3 minutes before I get to the car and she is completely comfortable. As a matter of fact, I got home tonight and pulled in my garage, with climate set at 65, which is my preferred setting. I came out 15 minutes later, opened the door to pull my briefcase out and the car actually felt cold inside after being off for that long in an approx 90 degree garage (not too hot today). Pretty neat.
Maybe I am a loser when I face to the sunlight.Lol...