Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove passenger seat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need to get the passenger seat out - looks easier than it turns out; any suggestions?

I am trying to remove the passenger seat to get at some tools I have dropped under it while trying to route a radar alarm wire behind the seats :tongue:
I have removed the four bolts and the seat is loose, but it seems to be attached/caught by the hand brake.

I have scoured the Elise forums as well as our own, but have gotten nowhere. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 10-year old daughter came in very helpful with small hands to slip down the back of the passenger seat and retrieve some stuff when I had similar problems. :)

Did you see how to remove the manual holder/pocket thing by any chance? Taking that useless thing out would allow easier retrieval of those "under the seat" items.

Do you rent your daughter out for these occasions? :tongue:

I never got far enough to look at the underside of the seat (besides, I actually use this to store my manual :rolleyes:). The best I could do was to lean the seat toward the inside of the car (it is attached to the handbrake assembly and I couldn't figure out how to un-attach it. I got to the point where I stopped and thought about what I was really trying to do (get under the seat) and I realized I didn't have to take the entire car apart to do this.

• Funny
Reactions: dhrivnak
I removed the passenger seat of my Roadster, turns out you need to take out the driver's seat first. Here are some pictures I made during the removal of the seats.

First remove the driver seat, its attached by 4 bolts:
IMG_6099.jpg

You can now get access to the bolts that are attached between the handbrake/center console and the passenger seat. Remove them:
IMG_6098.jpg

Now remove the passenger seat by undoing the bolts with which it is attached to the floor:
IMG_6097.jpg

And this is what it looks like when both seats have been removed:
IMG_6096.jpg

It took me quite a while, but glad that I did as there was quite a bit of garbage underneath the seats and you simply can't clean it when the seats are in place.

One thing I want to add is that you may want to make or find a special wrench for the front right bolt. It becomes a very tight spaced between the lower wrapped edge of the seat/cover and the bolt head, especially as it is being removed, tolerances become tighter. Its very easy to accidentally damage the leather of the seats there, so take caution.

One thing I want to add is that you may want to make or find a special wrench for the front right bolt. It becomes a very tight spaced between the lower wrapped edge of the seat/cover and the bolt head, especially as it is being removed, tolerances become tighter. Its very easy to accidentally damage the leather of the seats there, so take caution.

any advice for that bolt. I can't get to it.