Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove the 3rd row seats in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to remove the Model y 3rd row seat and add some insulation. Is there any instructions on how to do it?
E8FF46A2-5854-44AF-9C52-565AF34EF80F.jpeg

I want to remove the Model y 3rd row seat and add some insulation. Is there any instructions on how to do it?

Did you try removing the screws holding the back of the seats? (see red arrows in the picture below)
I suspect that there should be similar screws at the front, may be hidden under some plastic molding.

How to remove the 3rd row seats in  2 .jpg

I would not recommend removing the seat belts, because they are bolted using a specific torque value.

Model Y 3rd Row Bare - Service Manual.jpg

Model Y 3rd Row Seat Belt Anchor - Service Manual.jpg

Model Y - 3rd Row  Lower 3.jpg

Upvote 0
Did you get anywhere with this? We are thinking of getting a Model Y and thinking about removing the 3rd row (and putting down a "finished" possibly carpeted surface) just to gain even more vertical clearance for our large dog to be able to sit up back there. We like the extra headroom the 3rd row yields for that row over the 2 row version. Curious why Tesla didn't give additional cargo space in the 2 row Model Y, and curious what's under that panel where the 3rd row seat bottoms would otherwise be?!?!

Upvote 0
Did you get anywhere with this? We are thinking of getting a Model Y and thinking about removing the 3rd row (and putting down a "finished" possibly carpeted surface) just to gain even more vertical clearance for our large dog to be able to sit up back there. We like the extra headroom the 3rd row yields for that row over the 2 row version. Curious why Tesla didn't give additional cargo space in the 2 row Model Y, and curious what's under that panel where the 3rd row seat bottoms would otherwise be?!?!
They did add additional cargo space. The 2 row has 2 trunks for storage which I find rather useful. Unless your dog is crazy big you might want to do a test drive to see how much space is already there. I can fit a pinball machine in the back hard to imagine a dog won’t fit.

Upvote 0