Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to Spend Tesla Credit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During the purchase of our MX we were given a credit to the Tesla shop. It was meant to cover a home charger but they actually gave more than what the charger would cost. We have three dogs and are inbetween getting mats or a home charger. We currently have a MS Raven, and that came with a mobile charger. Since the MS has FUSC I was thinking of just keeping the one charger and getting the mats from tesla for S and X. Reason being, if the Tesla wall connector stinks, we would just buy a charger freely on our own. So it is either charger or mats from tesla, but then charger or mats from somewhere else, if that makes sense.

Thoughts?

During the purchase of our MX we were given a credit to the Tesla shop. It was meant to cover a home charger but they actually gave more than what the charger would cost. We have three dogs and are inbetween getting mats or a home charger. We currently have a MS Raven, and that came with a mobile charger. Since the MS has FUSC I was thinking of just keeping the one charger and getting the mats from tesla for S and X. Reason being, if the Tesla wall connector stinks, we would just buy a charger freely on our own. So it is either charger or mats from tesla, but then charger or mats from somewhere else, if that makes sense.

Thoughts?
How about the tesla CCS charger adaptor?

It allows you to plug into some other networks on the road. I've used a few and it was pretty handy.

Regarding the Tesla wall connector, it gets pretty good reviews so it should work for you (ours is great), here is a reviewer that I watch quite a bit of:

Not sure why you would question the wall charger's connector. It's the same as the mobile connector and definitely better than a J-1772. Two wall chargers can share the same circuit, which may be advantageous for you. Just plug both cars in when home. (you can't share a mobile and wall connector)

If I had FUSC, I'd still charge at home, it's so much more convenient. My time is worth something. Home charging is too simple.

Floor mats, swag, clothing, lots of stuff in the store.

Reactions: preilly44
Not sure why you would question the wall charger's connector. It's the same as the mobile connector and definitely better than a J-1772. Two wall chargers can share the same circuit, which may be advantageous for you. Just plug both cars in when home. (you can't share a mobile and wall connector)

If I had FUSC, I'd still charge at home, it's so much more convenient. My time is worth something. Home charging is too simple.

Floor mats, swag, clothing, lots of stuff in the store.
Ended up ordering 2 wall connectors but now not sure I should have. I have a mobile charger already from the S. Having an electrician come next week and could have just installed two 240s, and then set up scheduled charging through the app. I think that would have covered me.

Are you saying you have two wall connectors?

just installed two 240s, and then set up scheduled charging through the app

The parts for two outlets will run you about $460 in parts - outlets are about $80 each and the GFCI breakers are about $150 each. And you cannot setup scheduled charging in the way you are thinking. You will need a 3rd party app to do that.

You will be much better off with two wall connectors as they have powering sharing built in.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H