Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla $200 credit for charger — need mobile connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, that's not true.

Here is my email from Tesla with the subject line: "Redeem Your Charging Solution"

"Prepare for delivery and consider a charging solution for your Model Y. You may use the Tesla Shop code below to put $200 towards a Tesla Wall Connector, our quickest, most convenient way to charge at home or apply the Shop Code to fully cover the purchase of a Mobile Connector."

I did use my credit for a mobile connector.
Hi, is the credit towards a charger only for particular customers? I could really use a credit towards a wall charger

Wanted to share my exp. with this. So I received my Code via email and immediately spent an hour trying to use it for the $230 Mobile Connector.
No matter what I did, where I put the Code or which CC I had on file, it did not work. Solution, for me, it was simply time. Magically after waiting 3-days I changed nothing yet it worked like a champ. Could have been a fluke but if anyone has issues, perhaps just give it a few days and try again.

How the heck are you guys ordering the $200 Corded Mobile Connector? I took delivery of the X in September and the Corded version has been out of stock the entire time. I check every single day (and signed up for e-mail notification).

I'm getting concerned it will never come back in stock before the code expires so I e-mailed Support about stock and they replied that the $200 credit only applies to Wall Connector and Mobile Connector (non-corded, $230 version), which contradicts the credit e-mail saying that the $200 credit can be used to "fully cover the purchase of a Mobile Connector."

This Tesla Shop Code can only be used to fully cover the purchase of a Mobile Connector or as credit towards the cost of a Wall Connector. There is no monetary value associated with Promo codes. Corded Mobile Connector is not eligible for redemption with this Promo Code.

Sounds crazy (and unfair) if this is true.

Where are you seeing that? I just looked back through this whole thread, and there is no one who says they were able to use the credit for that. It's for the standard mobile connector with the changeable adapters.
I see where I was confused now. I interpreted "a Mobile Connector" to be a generic term that encompasses both types of mobile connectors: Mobile Connector and Corded Mobile Connector because, you know, the Corded Mobile Connector used to be called Mobile Connector. And it costs $200. And the credit was $200. So I thought I could get that instead of the $230 Mobile Connector. I guess I just have to settle for the slower 32A Mobile Connector.

I see where I was confused now. I interpreted "a Mobile Connector" to be a generic term that encompasses both types of mobile connectors: Mobile Connector and Corded Mobile Connector because, you know, the Corded Mobile Connector used to be called Mobile Connector. And it costs $200. And the credit was $200. So I thought I could get that instead of the $230 Mobile Connector. I guess I just have to settle for the slower 32A Mobile Connector.
Whoa, that is a recent and surprising price change. The Corded Mobile Connector used to cost a lot more than $200, because of that 40A capability it has. I had not heard that its price got lowered to $200, and I'm wondering if that is an error on their shop web page.

Whoa, that is a recent and surprising price change. The Corded Mobile Connector used to cost a lot more than $200, because of that 40A capability it has. I had not heard that its price got lowered to $200, and I'm wondering if that is an error on their shop web page.

It's been that way for at least as long as I've been looking, which is many months before I took delivery of our X last September. Don't think it's a mistake, but also don't think it matters much because it's literally never been in stock. I have email notifications on and visualping monitoring the website.

That's too bad because I miss the gen I UMC that came with our 2013 Model S. We've grown accustomed to it over the last decade.