Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to switch cloud profile back to local profile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I do anything, I’m looking to sort out the best way to convert a cloud profile to a local profile without loosing settings.

We have a 3 and a Y. Each car has a main driver and secondary driver. Both have cloud profiles.

The issue is whenever we ride together, half the time the secondary driver’s phone will connect first which makes the seat wheel etc move. I know I can just tap the profile icon and switch it back but it is getting very annoying to have to do that and there don’t seem to be any compelling benefits to a cloud profile in my case, I’d rather just put it back the way it used to be.

I think primary driver of the 3 can keep the cloud profile and only the secondary drivers profile needs to be duplicated as local then delete the cloud one. Then go to the Y and do the same thing, duplicate the secondary driver’s profile then delete the cloud one.

Would this work and keep the settings?

I have no idea, but I can tell you that what you are experiences likely has zero to do with cloud profiles since it has been happening to me off and on since 2018 (and multiple other people as well).
With the offline/local profile, this issue is easily solved by assigning both phone keys to the primary driver's profile. That way it doesn't mater which phone key the car sees first. This no longer works with cloud profiles.

This has nothing to do with cloud profiles. Check the Bluetooth menu and what is a primary account - that's the BT that it will try to connect to first if it sees both.
My phone is selected as priority in settings, however, there are plenty of instances where the secondary drivers phone is selected. Let's say we're heading to the car and and they happen to get to the door first while I'm still inside putting on my shoes, the car will pick the secondary driver's phone.

I don’t see anything in the manual about deleting cloud profiles, but you should be able to create a new local profile when the cloud profile is active and use that one from now on. I assume the new profile gets the current settings, so you shouldn’t lose anything. Doesn’t hurt to try.

Reactions: APotatoGod