Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How will Tesla demo FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If self-driving cars cannot deal with these corner cases, the other option is to remove the corner cases so that they don't have to solve them. For example, we could change our roads to make them easier for self-driving cars to handle.

The issue with this approach, though, is that we are adapting things to our environment not our environment to these things. If we were to wait for all roads to be modified for automation, then it would take a century if it ever happened.

Reactions: abasile
It’s gonna be some kind of Terminator-style live event with smoke and driverless cars rolling out on stage. Then a bunch of talk. Then some Men In Black suits, aka «safety drivers», will take rides with screaming crazy tesla fans.

I think it's going to be a billionaire sausage fest. Old men with far too much money, and Wozniak eating finger foods in a corner by himself with halitosis.... intermixed with some Tesla folks with skinny jeans and dark rimmed glasses. I can't wait to see who Warren Buffet will be wearing.... I'm going to go with some spicy Calvin Klein number.

As for the unveiling. Expect the cross country drive to be done.... kind of like how Elon said the Semi drove straight from Fremont at the model Y event..... and expect a lot of claims about safety. Expect them to use the boring tunnel again during the event.... and if not, expect them to show graphics of something related to it.

Expect the haters and short selling asshats to unleash a full fledged campaign against Tesla in the days after. Expect mention of Version 10 release. Expect them to unveil Model S and X revision at the event. Expect this to be a huge cash grab by tesla.

Expect to be most wowed by how they can deal with bicycles and pedestrians and crazy crap like a basketball bouncing in front of a moving car and the car gracefully swerving.

Expect Blader to return to TMC, because he can't resist and he's starting to realize how much the super cruise sucks.

Expect Lyft to unveil it's own even soon after that is eerily similar.

funny how demos around these quarters were scoffed at now they are praised and referred to as amazing, astonishing and impressive, just because it coming from Tesla.

I'm the first one to scoff at demos.

I would totally scoff at yet another demo whether it was Tesla or not.

But, that isn't all they're doing. Tesla claims they'll also do test drives on Autonomy day.

So we shall see if that happens.

Last edited:
Is this not good enough for you. Is this not impressive to you?

fae2d119935c1f8f3f95965709069fec.jpg

Lmfao this is what the hype is about?

D4dCbO-UIAA6MOB.png

D4dCcWUVUAAHr0_.jpg

D4dC-2bVUAUXsuG.jpg:large

I see pics of a Model 3 with a camera attached on the outside and camera attached inside the car and map showing a 35.1 mi trip. So apparently Tesla will shoot a video of the car driving that route for their self-driving demo. If the car can really self-drive that 35 mi route completely on its own with no driver input, that would be pretty cool. I don't see what the issue is? What's so funny to you?

It seems to me that you are trying to downplay what Tesla is doing. When there is a video of Nav on AP making a mistake or still requring hands on wheel nags you point to it as proof as Tesla has failed at FSD but when Tesla does a 35 mi FSD drive, you dismiss it as a nothingburger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mader Levap
I see pics of a Model 3 with a camera attached on the outside and camera attached inside the car and map showing a 35.1 mi trip. So apparently Tesla will shoot a video of the car driving that route for their self-driving demo. If the car can really self-drive that 35 mi route completely on its own with no driver input, that would be pretty cool. I don't see what the issue is? What's so funny to you?

2010 called they want their videos back.

• Disagree

It seems to me that you are trying to downplay what Tesla is doing. When there is a video of Nav on AP making a mistake or still requring hands on wheel nags you point to it as proof as Tesla has failed at FSD but when Tesla does a 35 mi FSD drive, you dismiss it as a nothingburger.
Waymo did ten 100 mile routes a decade ago. While it is impressive that Tesla can do so much more cheaply, the fact that they're ten years behind in terms of functionality is a little bit disappointing. More importantly Waymo's success a decade ago hasn't translated into a functional product.

2010 called they want their videos back.

Waymo did ten 100 mile routes a decade ago. While it is impressive that Tesla can do so much more cheaply, the fact that they're ten years behind in terms of functionality is a little bit disappointing. More importantly Waymo's success a decade ago hasn't translated into a functional product.

Aren't we jumping the gun here a bit? All we have is a navigation map of the supposed drive and we are already concluding that the car's capabilities is 10 years behind? I feel that is a bit premature. Let's see the video and then we can judge how capable the car is or isn't.

It seems to me that you are trying to downplay what Tesla is doing. When there is a video of Nav on AP making a mistake or still requring hands on wheel nags you point to it as proof as Tesla has failed at FSD

It is, and its not me saying it, hundreds of Tesla fans are saying it on reddit and other sites.

but when Tesla does a 35 mi FSD drive, you dismiss it as a nothingburger.

That route is so weak, for you to be championing that is shameful. Any startup can do that in under a week from scratch. That's a route you would be doing 10 years ago. Empty roads of highways? seriously? NoA can do that today. you have really lost all credibility if you are championing that.

This is what companies are trying to master today. This is where the state of the art is...

It is, and its not me saying it, hundreds of Tesla fans are saying it on reddit and other sites.

That route is so weak, for you to be championing that is shameful. Any startup can do that in under a week from scratch.
Empty roads of highways? seriously? NoA can do that today. you have really lost all credibility if you are championing that.

I am not championing anything. I am just asking questions. When I watch the video, I will let you know my thoughts. If the video is underwhelming, I will certainly say so.

• Funny
Reactions: Superendo
Aren't we jumping the gun here a bit? All we have is a navigation map of the supposed drive and we are already concluding that the car's capabilities is 10 years behind? I feel that is a bit premature. Let's see the video and then we can judge how capable the car is or isn't.
Well, the title of this thread clearly invites speculation. I like to keep my expectations very low so that I'll be more likely to be pleasantly surprised :D
Can we stop comparing waymo to Tesla yet? This topic has been beat to death.
That's like saying "Can we stop comparing Teslas to other EVs?"
Waymo and Cruise are pretty clearly the leaders in autonomous vehicle technology. It's hard to avoid discussing them on an "Autonomous Vehicle" forum.

I know that is hard to do on the internet but I feel like we should try to keep an open mind. All we have is one still pic of the car self-driving on a highway. That's not a lot to go by. You guys remind me of movie fans who see one pic of Gal Gadot on the WW2 set and you already decide that the movie is going to suck. Let's see the video. If it is underwhelming, I will be the first to say so.

Well, the title of this thread clearly invites speculation. I like to keep my expectations very low so that I'll be more likely to be pleasantly surprised :D

That's like saying "Can we stop comparing Teslas to other EVs?"
Waymo and Cruise are pretty clearly the leaders in autonomous vehicle technology. It's hard to avoid discussing them on an "Autonomous Vehicle" forum.

Ok, *caveat. Can we stop comparing and using the same arguments over and over? Eg. sandbox Waymo vs real world. bitching about the Tesla Demo a few years back. Get some new material.

• Love
Reactions: dhanson865