Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC installed and tested, charging rate is 56/56A 34mi/hr, is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a very strange number. An X without the fast upgrade is limited to 48A, while one with the upgrade is 72A, and the charger should be telling the car 80A.

What's the voltage showing? Maybe the drop was large enough the car dropped the current draw back in response?

Try increasing the current on the center screen. You also might want to watching it start to charge to see what the voltage drop is.

That's a very strange number. An X without the fast upgrade is limited to 48A, while one with the upgrade is 72A, and the charger should be telling the car 80A.

What's the voltage showing? Maybe the drop was large enough the car dropped the current draw back in response?

Try increasing the current on the center screen. You also might want to watching it start to charge to see what the voltage drop is.

Thanks but I tried to increase but it is not allowing.

Attachments

• IMG_7065.PNG
    IMG_7065.PNG
    304.8 KB · Views: 84
204V from a domestic 240V split phase would be serious cause for concern. 242V like your image says isn't - unless your service normally runs very high, there shouldn't be enough drop at that point to get current limiting.
204V from a domestic 240V split phase would be serious cause for concern. 242V like your image says isn't - unless your service normally runs very high, there shouldn't be enough drop at that point to get current limiting.
My bad, it is 242v. So what should I do for next step? Any advice? Thanks

Is the position 1 DIP switch next to the rotary switch set to down. If it it up it will be expecting 277v and may set the current down accordingly. The power needs to be off when changing either the rotary or DIP switches or the new setting may not be recognized.