Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Huge white noise coming from speakers (Handsshow Kit Version F) 2020 SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone suddenly experienced white noise coming from their speakers? Since January 2021, I've been using Version F of the Hansshow audio upgrade. Two few years ago, I started encountering random episodes of white noise, typically after a software update. The past two weeks have been particularly troublesome as the noise triggers alarms and persists for 10 to 20 minutes despite attempts to reboot. Unfortunately, Handsshow WhatsApp support has been unhelpful, attributing the issue to Tesla and acknowledging numerous customers facing the same problem.
I'm considering removing the upgrade altogether. I'm wondering if I can simply disconnect the power to the subwoofer and DSP under the rear seat to revert to the basic 4-speaker sound before deciding how to proceed.
They do blame tesla but if was 100% tesla's fault then all Handsshow users should somehow face similar issues.

Hope someone can give some feedback

It is well documented that Handsshow's audio upgrade has been a problem for over a year now, after several of Tesla's OTA updates. Handsshow has blamed Tesla, as you noted above, and takes no responsibility for it's products not working, and has not found a solution to the problem. It is well known that Tesla does not like anyone fooling with the car's electrical system, and it seems adding the power to the subwoofer did just that. It is rumored that Tesla bricked the upgrade as part of an update.
As to your question of disconnecting the power to the sub, or un-installing the whole kit, I really don't have a reliable answer. Maybe someone else has more experience and a better answer.

FWIW, I have a 2023 M3 and I replaced the front door speakers and the 3 front dash speakers, and I'm very happy with the results. I seriously considered the kit you have, but that was when problems were just starting, and I decided against it.