Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Version E SR+ Audio Upgrade. issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!

I was looking to see if anyone else installed a Hansshow Version E system (or any system that uses the black DSP) and experienced any issues?

I had version E installed in November of 2020. A few months back something happened and the speakers were outputting no sound. After a reset, I got this blast of white noise (100% volume) from all the speakers. It did not happen again for a few months and then suddenly happened once more and this time did not stop. Had to pull the connections from the DSP to disconnect the whole system to get it to stop, since it started to smell like burning electronics. After checking the PCB inside the DSP, I found that the card itself shorted and there were signs of some burn marks. Hansshow supper said that this is rare and barely happens.. was curious to see if there are any other cases out there!

Also, does anyone else’s DSP run crazy hot?? Looking for some solutions to that as well!