Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HULU ERROR p-dev302

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same problem here with Hulu. P-DEV302. It works just fine on my son's Y but he has much more modern software compared to mine. I am still at the level that was on the car at delivery on 08/12. V 2021.3.106.5. Still waiting for an update.

I have concluded that it is indeed the software version. I contacted Hulu and after a bit of explaining then testing (first Tesla for the rep) he told me it was the high latency of my connection. I got that corrected but still no joy. I knew that was not true because I streamed Hulu on his Y just fine over cellular. The last thing I tried was to use my son's login on my car to eliminate the possibility that there was a problem with my account. A software issue is the only possibility left.
I have a brand new Model 3 - Hulu doesn’t work fir me either - spent hours on the phone with Hulu tech - they can’t fix it

Upvote 0
I also get this Hulu app error periodically. I'd say my success/failure rate is 50/50 and I notice the error tends to be in places where my LTE coverage is weaker. I also suspect there may be an issue with carrier utilization in the immediate area even if the signal is strong since this tends to happen more so in the Honolulu urban core.

Upvote 0
Still having the issue after upgrading to 2021.36.5.5. Pretty awful that this error has been coming up for people for over a year and neither company has a fix. Tesla, give us mirroring or a way to cast to the screen so we don’t have to rely on the garbage app.
Same issue here, running 2021.36.8.8. Was considering dumping my DIRECTV Stream for Hulu Live TV, but after wasting $150 over the past 2 months, and seeing the complete lack of urgency from Hulu (how difficult can it possibly be to determine the correct time zone for the Hulu app via NTP?!?). Cancelled Hulu. Sticking with DIRECTV Stream, and will live with streaming via my iPad while Supercharging.

Upvote 0
Same issue for me. Not always the same error code but it basically craps out as soon as I start streaming something. Doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or LTE. It is a minor annoyance as I really only want to use it once a week for about 45 minutes but it is frustrating that this problem persists and neither side (Hulu or Tesla) seems particularly concerned with addressing it.

Upvote 0
Had errors with Hulu quite a bit lately. Even tried to chat with support. They kept asking “what decide are you using”. I replied “my Tesla Model 3”.
After a few more messages…
“what device are you using?”

to which I replied again:
“My Tesla model 3”

I just gave up after about 30 minutes of trying to explain
I found Hulu chat support very unhelpful. They promised someone would call "right away" but they never did.

Upvote 0
Didn't work for me.
Nope. That did nothing for me either.

I did notice one other oddity with hulu, other than the time of day being wrong in the hulu live guide. If I run the hulu app while stopped, exit the hulu app and then put the car in reverse, the 3 camera views are black. I have to press the Tesla UI camera button to get the views back.

I'd say that's an indication that the Hulu app has a serious bug if it affects the UI after it is closed.

Reactions: glink182
Upvote 0
DavidO, you might want to slow down on your plans for YouTube tv viewing in your Tesla.

Ironically, I was searching TMC re YouTube tv issues when I found this thread. I tried to watch that app in the airport cellphone lot last night while waiting for my flight attendant wife’s return. (I have previously done so on dozens of occasions.) Last night I could watch YouTube but when I went into YouTube tv I got the following message: ”Sorry there was an error licensing this video.” It appeared on everything -- live and recordings. A Google search revealed that message typically occurs when a web browser needs updating. Yikes. BTW I signed in and out of Google and also did a two thumb reset of the car, all to no avail.

Any ideas what is going on? Also, is this a known Hulu error while using the app in your Tesla?

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidO
Upvote 0
The error is not related to the software version as I am on 2021.32.22. I had the same problem about a year ago. Take a look at the Hulu live guide. If it is not showing the correct time of day, you will get this error. It's a bug in the Hulu app.
This is the correct answer. Hulu requires a “home” location (to prevent account sharing). To check this, the Hulu app needs to determine vehicle location. This is USUALLY done via the NTP (network time protocol) and verification of the cellular tower location that your Tesla LTE connection is currently paired to. Tesla is either blocking this, or the Tesla Hulu app is incapable of performing the location check. I’ve confirmed this using the Hulu “activate” URL in the Tesla browser (account sets up fine, Hulu app still chokes). Also tried using the Hulu app on my iPhone, while connected to my Tesla M3P, while inside my car, while the phone and car were connected to my home wifi (inside my garage). Hulu app works fine on the iPhone. But same Hulu error on the Tesla browser (via Hulu site), and same error on the Tesla Hulu app. It’s not a “bandwidth issue”. It’s a location-verification check issue in the Tesla Hulu app. Netflix - works flawlessly. Disney - works flawlessly. YouTube TV - works flawlessly. Bottom line, Musk needs to terminate Tesla’s relationship with Hulu. Then he needs to acquire DIRECTV Stream. This achieves two things: it gets him a streaming platform for his Starlink broadband platform, and it also puts serious hurt on Dish (when is trying to shove 5G cellular into Elon’s 12GHz Starlink frequency. Let’s be real, with Starlink, he’s going to need to become a provider. DIRECTV Stream gets him there. Elon also can use 5G cellular inside his 12GHz Starlink frequency, allowing him to run every Tesla on satellite for GPS/mapping/over-the-wire upgrades, eliminating his dependency/cost of LTE (already a “legacy” cellular spec by 2022 standards). It’s going to happen. And the “Tesla Phone” is going to be absolutely glorious.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: boulder.dude
Upvote 0
And now for something completely different. Today I thought that I'd check hulu again and instead of running the app it goes into the activation screen but does not provide a 4 digit code. Instead it immediately displays a screen saying "something went wrong". Clicking "okay" just creates an endless loop between the two screens. Reboots don't help. I'm running 2021.36.8.10.

Upvote 0
This is the correct answer. Hulu requires a “home” location (to prevent account sharing). To check this, the Hulu app needs to determine vehicle location. This is USUALLY done via the NTP (network time protocol) and verification of the cellular tower location that your Tesla LTE connection is currently paired to. Tesla is either blocking this, or the Tesla Hulu app is incapable of performing the location check. I’ve confirmed this using the Hulu “activate” URL in the Tesla browser (account sets up fine, Hulu app still chokes). Also tried using the Hulu app on my iPhone, while connected to my Tesla M3P, while inside my car, while the phone and car were connected to my home wifi (inside my garage). Hulu app works fine on the iPhone. But same Hulu error on the Tesla browser (via Hulu site), and same error on the Tesla Hulu app. It’s not a “bandwidth issue”. It’s a location-verification check issue in the Tesla Hulu app. Netflix - works flawlessly. Disney - works flawlessly. YouTube TV - works flawlessly. Bottom line, Musk needs to terminate Tesla’s relationship with Hulu. Then he needs to acquire DIRECTV Stream. This achieves two things: it gets him a streaming platform for his Starlink broadband platform, and it also puts serious hurt on Dish (when is trying to shove 5G cellular into Elon’s 12GHz Starlink frequency. Let’s be real, with Starlink, he’s going to need to become a provider. DIRECTV Stream gets him there. Elon also can use 5G cellular inside his 12GHz Starlink frequency, allowing him to run every Tesla on satellite for GPS/mapping/over-the-wire upgrades, eliminating his dependency/cost of LTE (already a “legacy” cellular spec by 2022 standards). It’s going to happen. And the “Tesla Phone” is going to be absolutely glorious.
https://www.bdo.global/en-gb/blogs/tech-media-watch-blog/april-en/starlink–-how-musk’s-satellites-may-force-telecoms-into-5g-overdrive

Upvote 0