Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hurricane....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A small 2000w inverter generator, and a couple jerry cans of gas could come in handy. Some power for the fridge/freezer, lights, etc., and in a pinch you could charge up your Model 3. Though with better planning, you'd never let it come to that, you'd get out of Dodge, first.

Reactions: puckpurnell
If I were in an area of the country that sees regular hurricane threats I would purchase a dual fuel generator. Many of the better quality generators even have a NEMA 14-50 outlet. If the power goes out then the gas station pumps won’t be operational. Best to go with propane fuel since it should still be accessible without power and unlike gasoline it has a nearly infinite shelf life.

A small 2000w inverter generator, and a couple jerry cans of gas could come in handy. Some power for the fridge/freezer, lights, etc., and in a pinch you could charge up your Model 3. Though with better planning, you'd never let it come to that, you'd get out of Dodge, first.
It’s not that easy running from storms in Fl. If you look at the current NHC track, Dorian can hit just about anywhere in the entire state. Where are we gonna go?

And the peninsula is so long it takes many hours to drive the only way out.

Nah, gotta shelter in place in areas with no flood risk. But gas station lines are crazy here now. I am so happy to be able to just plug in Tess.

By the way, gas stations in Palm Beach County were required to install backup generators years ago to remain operating in the event of power outages. And supermarkets. Many did. We’ll see if they work.

Reactions: KenC
It’s not that easy running from storms in Fl. If you look at the current NHC track, Dorian can hit just about anywhere in the entire state. Where are we gonna go?

And the peninsula is so long it takes many hours to drive the only way out.

Nah, gotta shelter in place in areas with no flood risk. But gas station lines are crazy here now. I am so happy to be able to just plug in Tess.

By the way, gas stations in Palm Beach County were required to install backup generators years ago to remain operating in the event of power outages. And supermarkets. Many did. We’ll see if they work.
Yeah, the track will firm up the closer it gets...I used to have a home on the shore in Palm Coast. Luckily, no big storms headed our way while we were there. I didn't like our evacuation route up the A1A.