Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC came on automatically in the middle of the night for 4 hours!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know where to post this, but this morning, our 2019 Tesla Model X decided to warm up it's cabin without me having set it to. It has s/w version 2019.36.2.1 - although I don't think that matters, because it's not the first time it did it. In the 5 months that we had this car, It's done it at least 4 times, over different s/w versions.

I woke up around 7:00am and my phone said that it had to turn of the HVAC since it's been on for 4 hours!!! It's plugged in to the HWPC in my garage, but I can imagine it's sucking more juice than it really needed to.

I've poured all over the settings in the car and on my phone and I couldn't locate a setting that I can directly link to this issue.

As an aside, our 2016 Model S, has done that several times as well over the 3 years that we've owned it.

Can anyone suggest where this setting might be, or are there gremlins in my garage?

Thanks!

Don't know where to post this, but this morning, our 2019 Tesla Model X decided to warm up it's cabin without me having set it to. It has s/w version 2019.36.2.1 - although I don't think that matters, because it's not the first time it did it. In the 5 months that we had this car, It's done it at least 4 times, over different s/w versions.

I woke up around 7:00am and my phone said that it had to turn of the HVAC since it's been on for 4 hours!!! It's plugged in to the HWPC in my garage, but I can imagine it's sucking more juice than it really needed to.

I've poured all over the settings in the car and on my phone and I couldn't locate a setting that I can directly link to this issue.

As an aside, our 2016 Model S, has done that several times as well over the 3 years that we've owned it.

Can anyone suggest where this setting might be, or are there gremlins in my garage?

Thanks!

Do you have any teenagers that might have "borrowed" the car?

Long before the new "depart at" setting, there was "Smart Preconditioning." Is it on? Alternative possibility: was a door left open? Sometime in 2017 or 2018 my A/C ran all night once because of a bug where the door would open sometime after you walk away. Since then, I just always turn it off before I get out and then I either turn it on remotely before departure or when I get back in the vehicle.