Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC fan motor noise resolved by SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nvx1977

Unknown Member
Nov 25, 2017
NH, MA
A month or so ago when I got my Model 3, I posted about my first impressions, and one of the things I called out was an HVAC fan that seemed noisier than what I remember hearing in a showroom model. It really was nit-picking; the motor by itself would hardly be considered noisy by anyone. I just happened to remember that it could have been even quieter.

Anyhow, I ended up taking my car to my local service center because I had discovered I had some scuffs on the rear bumper caused during shipping. While there, I had them look at the fan and even said to them no big deal if the fan is operating at spec loudness.

Turned out, they agreed with my assessment and lubed the fan motor. The fan motor is definitely quieter now.

If any of you have HVAC fans that feel like it could be quieter, it might be worth a checkup at an upcoming service appointment. Can't guarantee your local SC will be as accommodating, but worth a shot.