Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW 3.0 I have a question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my M3 HW 3.0 upgrade done. When I got home I received the "Tesla Service Approval Form" This is what it said

upload_2020-4-30_18-45-53.png

Does anyone know what Tesla means by "Car Computer Retrofit without Electrical Wiring Rework, Model 3"

I am specifically referring to the ...without Electrical Wiring Rework.....

Thanks for any insight.

I just had my M3 HW 3.0 upgrade done. When I got home I received the "Tesla Service Approval Form" This is what it said

View attachment 537623

Does anyone know what Tesla means by "Car Computer Retrofit without Electrical Wiring Rework, Model 3"

I am specifically referring to the ...without Electrical Wiring Rework.....

Thanks for any insight.

Depending on your build date there was apparently some change in the wiring such that cars built on one side of that date needed additional wiring rework for the HW3 swap- and cars on the other side of that build date did not.

Depending on your build date there was apparently some change in the wiring such that cars built on one side of that date needed additional wiring rework for the HW3 swap- and cars on the other side of that build date did not.

FWIW, my Nov 18 2018 built (and 12/04/2018 purchased) Model 3P got the "with electrical work" line on my HW 3 upgrade. I have no idea what the dates are, just providing anyone interested a data point.

My build date is September 24th 2018. Earlier then both referenced here.....seems odd that an older build date would not require the wiring changes???

I am just guessing (no inside information at all), but my guess is, there is a "CHECK" of something when they do this upgrade, not an "automatic replacement".

its "likely" that they "check" something or, some vin numbers got part A and some got part B, so they check for either wear, or parts that they determined need to be replaced, and then do it.