Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW 4.0 in the wild?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like HW4.0 might be hitting the market more or less now. Just found on ev-cpo.com:

1677890833117.png

Attachments

• 1677890774224.png
    1677890774224.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 246
These popped up right after investor day on ev cpo. Haven’t seen as many S’s but there were 41 X’s I saw last time I checked the other day. I know someone taking delivery on an X in the next two weeks so I’ll report out if it does indeed have HW 4.

Also heard Tesla is doing a soft rollout and these cars listed are likely just better resolution cameras and not the full suite people expected. More to come!

The radar was FCC-approved months ago, so it is likely already in production and part of the HW4 system. Seems likely all the components (new HW4 processor, HD radar, and HD cameras) will be installed as a complete package when they start HW4 deliveries.

The radar was FCC-approved months ago, so it is likely already in production and part of the HW4 system. Seems likely all the components (new HW4 processor, HD radar, and HD cameras) will be installed as a complete package when they start HW4 deliveries.
From what I heard the radars and HD cameras are being shipped on some vehicles already. But the camera locations are still the same as previous years. There were many rumors that HW4 will have new camera locations/ amount of cameras which is why I do not know how HW4 rollout will look.

Not sure I see any upgrades, but hard to tell from these pictures. I thought HW4 only has 2 center front cameras, and the one image looks like 3 of HW3.
The side Pillar B cameras are definitely new design, as the hole opening is much more oblong than the current cameras, and the front side panel camera is less angled. Center windshield cameras don't look like the early photos of HW4.
hardware-4.0.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
On average, how long after the S/X does the 3/Y receive the same upgrades? I ask as a first-time Tesla purchaser with no assigned VIN yet on a MYP. My estimated delivery is April 13 - May 18, and judging from the recent revelations regarding HW4.0 on S/X models, I would be inclined to believe that my MYP would show up with the same upgrades over one month (at minimum) from today. Would this be a safe assumption to make? For context, I ordered my Tesla with FSD and would be willing to do anything I can to ensure my car is delivered with HW4.0.

I would agree. It will take much more time for the 3/Y to get them. There are many things being said but there isn’t anything concrete. If you are looking for my guesstimate it would probably be Q4 this year or early next year. As many have stated in other threads, if you keep waiting for the latest you will never get around to owning a Tesla since there is always something being updated with them (unless you know it is in very near future). Again this is just my opinion and there isn’t anything factual I have provided in this post!

Depends on what right around the corner means to you! For me, right around the corner would be a month or two. After that it would be too much time for me. I agree HW4 will benefit FSD owners the most, but by the time they implement updates and get it working properly will be much later in the future (also HW3 will still likely keep many to most of those features is my guess).

Yup, and I totally agree with your previous statement that I shouldn't wait or base my current purchase off of a future possibility. In fact, I decided to opt out of FSD and go with Enhanced Autopilot for the time being. $9,000 back in my pocket and a little less buyer's remorse while waiting for my MYP to arrive. I'll go with a HW4.0-equipped MYP sometime down the line when it's a sure thing.

Reactions: Nickos
I do not know. Hopefully it is a rain sensor to help fix the automatic wipers. I have waited for the auto-wipers to kick-in until the windshield is so degraded I get warnings of the auto-pilot being restricted due to obstructed view before I change the wipers back to manual to clear the windshield. The current system is entirely guesswork.

• Love
Reactions: Art VandeIay