Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 and blind spot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got HW3 last Thursday and notice when I'm driving not on AP, and when I signal (leave the blinker on) to change lane and see a car next to me the screen doesn't show the red lines anymore.... I see the car on the screen and in my blind spot but the red lines aren't there... Out of the blue it will show up but that's more like once in like 2 days I see the red line. Is there something that might be wrong w my sensor?

Maybe it’s still in calibration mode? Give it one more week and see if it corrects itself.

BTW March 2019 build non-AP, HW2.5, I’ve yet to see any red lines on either side while next to a car with the signal lights, will check that out tomorrow.

Fred

Last edited:
i also am noticing that my HW 2.5 car is doing a much poorer job noting the lanes in red next to me as well. i was just going to post about this exact same issue. It used to be much better. I am not sure at which point this started happening. i also nearly had a close call a few weeks ago when someone was speeding into a lane as i was switching left into it and no audible warning from the autopilot. So seems that something is off