Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 upgrade waiting room: All FSD Tesla’s

Has anyone had their HW3 upgrade scheduled/completed yet???

• Yes

Votes: 96 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 498 83.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in a semi-similar thought process. Got my HW3 a few weeks ago. Did not get the email nor any sort of notice. I has a faulty door handle. After scheduling an appointment, I added " HW3 Update ( as I had done numerous times before), got a call a few minutes later to state that my VIN is up for the upgrade. Got a number of subsequent cancellations partly due to COVID.
Finally got tired of waiting therefore asked them to fix the door and install HW3. MCU 2 was not available and that what was holding everything up.

So far I am enjoying the HW3 after waiting for many moons albeit with MCU1.

2 days ago got communication that my infotainment is available, appointment scheduled. Should I go ahead with this upgrade or not?
Maybe the NTSB investigation may amount to a discount of the $2500 ( quite a lot of change there)...
I would go ahead and have the infotainment upgrade completed. See my earlier post, $2,500 upgrade includes a new touchscreen so make sure you get the new screen. I doubt anything will come from NTSB but if something does, it will be 1-2 years before any announcement or resolution.

Reactions: blkpantha
All is well now, but I had a weird experience with this in June. After they installed the HW3.0 computer, the car still showed HW2.5 on the car data screen. It was causing weird issues like giving “autopilot unavailable” warnings, failing software updates, and other weirdness. Eventually they were able to force a firmware update remotely that fixed the issue.

Thanks. I still see the key issue on 33.3. I probably should replace the fob battery too.

I did that prior to the last key not inside occurrence. Brand new Panasonic batteries. Still got the issue. Now, mobile service came to fix an unrelated issue (broken tab that holds the trunk load floor) and mentioned this. He replaced my main key. Could be unrelated but hasn’t happened since. Maybe a bad key that trips something in the software? That was his theory but I don’t know for sure that it didn’t happen with the other key too.