Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3 upgrade waiting room: All FSD Tesla’s

Has anyone had their HW3 upgrade scheduled/completed yet???

• Yes

Votes: 96 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 498 83.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Way to go, gzak! As a new member who is still waiting for his first Tesla (Model 3), I have often felt that the contributors here all must live in DC where people speak ACRONYM fluently. Thanks so much for the help.

I agree Gardyloo, but I think my workplace has more of them and I work at ASML which they tell us stands for nothing. Our machines probably printed every chip in these cars.

• Funny
Reactions: Cely
I agree Gardyloo, but I think my workplace has more of them and I work at ASML which they tell us stands for nothing. Our machines probably printed every chip in these cars.

Hi colleague ! Well I think it does stand for Advanced Semi-conductor Materials Lithography I believe, will check on our sharepoint tomorrow, I'm working at the office in Eindhoven ;P, but indeed we have too much of that. Although my previous employer, NS (Dutch Railway) had their fair share as well. I guess it's something about workplaces...

Following this thread to have any idea when I would get upgraded to HW3 in Europe on my early 2019 model 3 but he; I guess as long as the constraints in Europe for most of FSD features are not removed, they are not going to start the process here, or do we have any news about that?

Reactions: Christine69420
According to Tesla support, traffic cones is a "rendering feature" and not an FSD feature.

According to the email, HW2.5 supports all current FSD features.

It sounds like it could be BS, but only Tesla would know.

I just had 2019.36.2 update and have ap 2.5 I have driven by Traffic Cones a few time now and although they don't render on the screen the M3 moved to the far side of the lane to give them more room

Way to go, gzak! As a new member who is still waiting for his first Tesla (Model 3), I have often felt that the contributors here all must live in DC where people speak ACRONYM fluently. Thanks so much for the help.
MCU (media control unit) - the main big screen. There are two versions:
* MCU 1 - old and slow, lacks many of the newer features like video streaming and a lot of the games
* MCU 2 - new and fast, fully featured

HW3 - latest version of the autopilot computer, claimed to one day be capable of full autonomy

THANK YOU!!! The acronyms fly fast and furious on this site, leaving occasional visitors in the dark.

Since we plan to keep our 2017 S 100D with MCU1 for another $60K miles, we'd be willing to pay something for an MCU2 upgrade, to bring it up to the same level as our 2018 X 100D...
I have the same and I am not willing to pay anything. I have all ready paid and have been waiting for something that still is in the future. At one time we were waiting for regulations to change. Now we need the car upgraded and then regulations to change. We seem to be moving in the wrong direction.