Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I’m apparently taking delivery of my Y very soon.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D

Doc Brown

Tesla is apparently going to sell me my MY whether I like it or not.

I ordered in October 2019 ($2500 deposit) and having been pushing back delivery waiting to see if and how much quality improves. I actually ordered an X and a Y. Tesla keeps calling and texting and I’ve just been letting it go. I must have 6-7 VMs from them over the past 8nweeks. They’ve just texted me that my Y just left the production line and is on its way.

So much for ghosting Tesla- I guess we’ll pick it up this week. Tally ho!

B715E191-580C-4B8F-8E0B-04D4A1E9CFCB.jpeg
45657846-FAC4-4FF9-A578-4F847D726E83.jpeg

I wonder how they feel about being endlessly strung along by an unresponsive recipient :rolleyes:

congrats!

Kind of like the flip side of unresponsive service requests? A human isn’t available on the other end?
Anyway - I’ve got the VIN so I’ll go check out the car on the lot tomorrow before I finalize the paperwork.

Reactions: Puddles and glide
Tesla is apparently going to sell me my MY whether I like it or not.

I ordered in October 2019 ($2500 deposit) and having been pushing back delivery waiting to see if and how much quality improves. I actually ordered an X and a Y. Tesla keeps calling and texting and I’ve just been letting it go. I must have 6-7 VMs from them over the past 8nweeks. They’ve just texted me that my Y just left the production line and is on its way.

So much for ghosting Tesla- I guess we’ll pick it up this week. Tally ho!

View attachment 564729 View attachment 564730
Just got the same msg. I have completed only 1/4 steps but now i have a VIN in the 19k, white/white PUP. I don't need the car now and was waiting to test drive it first.

Was your original order when the FSD price was $5K?

Yeah, I selected back in March 2019, only AP, which at the time was a 3k option. Then Tesla updated their pricing, and AP was included free of charge. Now I have the opportunity to upgrade to FSD for 5k, but I don't see any value in FSD, so I am not sure. I never made any changes to my original reservation.

Are you taking Delivery? I am waiting on a White / White PUP if you're not taking it maybe I can have em put it on a truck and send it over my way lol
I have no intend of taking delivery in the next 3-4 months. I want to wait and see what will happen with the economy and why not to get a 2021 year model. Currently we drive 200-300 miles per month so no need to spend 70k on a new car right now.

Reactions: VikH
I wonder how they feel about being endlessly strung along by an unresponsive recipient :rolleyes:

congrats!

To be honest, initially I gave them a taste of their own medicine and was not responsive. Eventually I did reply, but I should have done the following:

1) Direct them to my app to arrange an appointment
2) Make sure my email sends an out office stating responses are delayed by 4 to 6 weeks
3) My voicemail box needs to be full
4) Finally respond with an invoice with an estimated diagnosis fee for my time.

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: frankvb and Puddles
They will transfer it to any Tesla location for $2000 and may take up to 3 weeks. I am thinking with the level of production I would probably see a VIN before that but someone that is closer that way might want to snatch it up :D And the Tesla rep said "
Maybe tell him to communicate this to the MA team so that someone else can get this vehicle:) only because it appears that he’s responsive with you"

So I took a ride to the Rocklin store today around lunch - the truck was there unloading a bunch of new cars. Several MYs on the lot and several came off the truck - but none that matched my VIN. It was interesting to see the VIN spread - some were in the 19XXX range, a couple in the 25XXX range - and one in the 30XXX range. I'm guessing they were earlier rejections that are being sent to other stores? If not - why would a 19XXX car be on the same truck as a 30XXX?

Another thing I noticed about all of the new MYs that are there awaiting delivery is that the frunk lid dips below the lip of the bumper - but only in the center of the frunk lid. It's very noticeable.