Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am DONE with slow charging. Wired USB cables for fast charging.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does the OEM tesla pad use a splitter from the usb-c to power both sides of the pad separately, or is there only one input?

curious if this would work for aftermarket pads like the taptes that have two inputs (i honestly don't know if the tesla OEM pad has one or two inputs, and the picture on the online store doesn't really help aside from the two pigtails sitting there which appear to be usb-a).

does the OEM tesla pad use a splitter from the usb-c to power both sides of the pad separately, or is there only one input?

curious if this would work for aftermarket pads like the taptes that have two inputs (i honestly don't know if the tesla OEM pad has one or two inputs, and the picture on the online store doesn't really help aside from the two pigtails sitting there which appear to be usb-a).

One port on the charging pad. Supplies both sides.

gotcha. so this wouldn't work for third party pads (like the taptes we've discussed) that have multiple inputs (one per side)...
Correct, the third party pads are stuck using single voltage source for each wireless induction charger spots. Im sure one of them will figure out how to do two spot charging soon. The tech is already out there for home office use.

I got the new USB-C hubs and parts to update the center console in my 2018 Model 3. How do I go about getting a pair of the wire harness adapters? Thanks!

Ok, so I tried googling it - and most of the results were for the older USB-A model. I double checked my invoice, and 1111072-00-E is the USB-C Part.

No need to specify year when ordering. Each revision has its own part number. Tesla parts didn't seem to care that the part wasn't a perfect match for my car.

Ok, so I tried googling it - and most of the results were for the older USB-A model. I double checked my invoice, and 1111072-00-E is the USB-C Part.

No need to specify year when ordering. Each revision has its own part number. Tesla parts didn't seem to care that the part wasn't a perfect match for my car.
I don't know how to message you directly cause I'm a noob but do you still sell the adapters (wiring harness)? I can't even find the parts to build it myself anywhere. Thank you in advance!