Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am now officially part of the family :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I allowed to swear on here? Or cry, at least?

After previous delays (originally Monday turned to Wednesday turned to this morning) the car was supposed to be picked up "late this morning". I heard nothing all day. Now that it is 9:30pm their time, I get this message from the carrier:
Without your consistent quality management, feel lucky that they messaged you at all. At least now you know their particular failure entertainment mode: pyromaniac(s).

When I sold my Model S, it had to be shipped cross continent. The first shipper failed to confirm for a whole week, so I told the buyer he better get a better shipper arrangement. Right away, he came back with another shipper with a firm schedule. That worked well, but was scheduled out 4 days and took 10 days on carrier. The car's battery depleted from near full to very near empty during that time; be sure to turn off all vampire drains.

My main point is that the car shipping industry in the California to anywhere else direction is a seller's market; they can pretty much do everything wrong and still get more business. They can light axles on fire all day and keep getting more business. Don't put up with anything; no one else will protect you, so you have to take it upon yourself to not accept inferior service.

That is our new reality of having a massive car manufacturer in California plus the recent trend of increased Internet car sales nationwide; that has soaked up all the supply of car transport, from the signs I got from my experience.

Therefore, if you do not reject inferior service, you will get inferior service (except for the oddball situations in which they accidentally give you good service; that would be an anomaly according to the market, and not mathematically probable).

Last edited:
I found a second carrier who said they could pick the car up on Monday and have it delivered on the 22nd.

At this point I'm not holding my breath. I haven't told the first guy about the 2nd guy, in case he's a flake too... at this point I feel justified in wanting a backup. So far, guy #2 has done well with communication. We'll see.

Reactions: Ulmo
FINALLY!!!

Sooooo much later than promised, but the journey finally begins.

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: ishareit
It's here, it's here! It's 5 o'clock in the bloody morning, but it's here!

lol. They "guaranteed" me it would be here last night. "no question", they say. I have an appointment in 3 hours for the required out-of-province safety inspection so I told them I didn't mind if it was another day late, just let me know so I can cancel that appointment. "Absolutely it will be there tonight". So I waited. And waited. All day I waited. They gave me an ETA of "2 to 5" which changed to "7 to 9" and finally "11 or 12". At 1 in the morning, I sent a final email saying I don't care what time it is, I'm going to bed with the phone by my ear... call when it is here. That call came at 4:30.

He already had it unloaded on my driveway. Too dark to inspect, unfortunately. I can tell it was dirty but that's all. Going back to bed. Too excited to sleep, but too tired and too dark to do anything fun.

Yay.

It's here, it's here! It's 5 o'clock in the bloody morning, but it's here!

lol. They "guaranteed" me it would be here last night. "no question", they say. I have an appointment in 3 hours for the required out-of-province safety inspection so I told them I didn't mind if it was another day late, just let me know so I can cancel that appointment. "Absolutely it will be there tonight". So I waited. And waited. All day I waited. They gave me an ETA of "2 to 5" which changed to "7 to 9" and finally "11 or 12". At 1 in the morning, I sent a final email saying I don't care what time it is, I'm going to bed with the phone by my ear... call when it is here. That call came at 4:30.

He already had it unloaded on my driveway. Too dark to inspect, unfortunately. I can tell it was dirty but that's all. Going back to bed. Too excited to sleep, but too tired and too dark to do anything fun.

Yay.
Congratulations. Enjoy the experience

Yeah, I'm happy :)

There's a few minor issues. My 3G connection drops out a LOT. I'm not sure why, but its a little annoying. And about an hour ago I noticed that the car has about 600km more on the odometer than the Bill of Sale states. I know for a fact I haven't driven 600km because I haven't charged it at all. I'd estimate I've driven about 100km. So where'd that other 500km come from? Should I even be concerned? I mean, 500km in the scheme of things is nothing. I'll probably just let that go, but I'm wondering who was joy riding after I already bought it.

Sorry I still haven't taken any photos. I'll upload a few that the dealer gave me prior to shipping.

Attachments

• 17-03.jpeg
    17-03.jpeg
    426.1 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC07471.jpg
    DSC07471.jpg
    778.4 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC07476.jpg
    DSC07476.jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 48