Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I did it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are going to love it. Don't be surprised if you have some hiccups in the first few months--I certainly did. They are annoying to varying degrees, but (for me) none of them outweigh the joy of driving this thing. I've had mine for about 1.5 years and I still feel giddy when I get in the car.

• Love
Reactions: wipster
@jkoya No immediate plans for mods. Would love to grab the 22 inch wheels, but will hold of for now. Previous owner actually put a "P90D" badge on the rear that I would like to remove and replace with the proper, honest 90D badge. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? They also stuck some "Tesla" badges just above the side markers/cameras that I'd love to remove, but am fearful of damaging the paint.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

My ppf installer removed the "T" Tesla badges for me, which I have decided to leave off. However, I have removed the "350Z" badges from a 2004 Nissan 350Z I used to own. I left the car in the sun for a bit, then used some fishing line (30lb test is what I had handy) and used that in a zig-zag motion under the emblems and they came off easily. I have the removed "T" Tesla badges and they were just held on by double stick tape, just like the "350Z" badge. After that, I just used some IPA to remove the remaining gunk, washed, clay bar'd and waxed the section.

The pic of your kids in front of your X is awesome !!

Just got a 2017 MX 90D! It has PUP, sub zero, AP2.

Newbie mistake - should have had a wall connector installed or NEMA outlet installed first!

Apologies in advance for all my future questions!

Thrilled to be here!

Blaine

I'm in a rental house. The owner refused to allow the Tesla charger to be installed. Fortunately, my washer and dryer are adjacent to the garage. I use the 240-volt dryer outlet to charge the car. From what I've read, it's not a good idea to repeatedly plug in the cable, so I picked up a 30-amp extension. When it's time to charge Tessie, I plug the mobile connector into the extension. Takes a while to charge at 24 amps but it's a lot better than using a standard wall outlet. It varies but up to 17 miles per hour of charge. So far, so good.

Reactions: wipster and Blaine