Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I done did it again…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered my second Model S. You’ll see what I currently drive is my sig line and opted for the following…

Non-Plaid Model S. Blue Exterior, White interior. 21” wheels, EAP, and the Yoke. No FSD.

Was really teetering between a Taycan, Lucid and Model S and even though this last year has been brutal with my S (cost me almost 15k in repairs), the S still worked best for me.

Quick question…I didn’t even think to ask…I have a set of relatively new snow tires on rims stored at Kal Tire. Will they fit on this new model or has the bolt pattern or spacing changed?

Just ordered my second Model S. You’ll see what I currently drive is my sig line and opted for the following…

Non-Plaid Model S. Blue Exterior, White interior. 21” wheels, EAP, and the Yoke. No FSD.

Was really teetering between a Taycan, Lucid and Model S and even though this last year has been brutal with my S (cost me almost 15k in repairs), the S still worked best for me.

Quick question…I didn’t even think to ask…I have a set of relatively new snow tires on rims stored at Kal Tire. Will they fit on this new model or has the bolt pattern or spacing changed?
ha, they sucked you back in! Congrats on the purchase.

In your shoes I would have gone for the Taycan. It’s soooo nice. Regarding your winter wheels, many owners are running their old 19” S wheels on their refresh from what I’ve read over time on TMC.

ha, they sucked you back in! Congrats on the purchase.

In your shoes I would have gone for the Taycan. It’s soooo nice. Regarding your winter wheels, many owners are running their old 19” S wheels on their refresh from what I’ve read over time on TMC.
See…I took your advice. Wifey needed a new car so we just ordered a 2024 Taycan 4S (White). We will get it on October 20. I test drove it and was BLOWN away by it. I will have a really good chance to compare them head to head (although the Taycan is quite a bit more expensive).

I will say this…the level of service and attention to detail I received at the Porsche dealership was something to behold. I almost forgot what it felt like to be treated like a highly valued customer. It also reminded me of how badly I think Tesla’s customer service has fallen.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
See…I took your advice. Wifey needed a new car so we just ordered a 2024 Taycan 4S (White). We will get it on October 20. I test drove it and was BLOWN away by it. I will have a really good chance to compare them head to head (although the Taycan is quite a bit more expensive).

I will say this…the level of service and attention to detail I received at the Porsche dealership was something to behold. I almost forgot what it felt like to be treated like a highly valued customer. It also reminded me of how badly I think Tesla’s customer service has fallen.
Haha, that’s amazing! Congrats!

Yeah the service experience between the two is worlds apart. Not to say Porsche services doesn’t have its own issues sometimes but for the most part they regard you as an actual person rather than a rando behind an app.

Reactions: Struja
I must say that I have always had a great CX (Customer Experience) at the Railside location.
When I got my first one (June 2017), the experience was very different than I have seen over the last two years. I had a particularly bad episode with the service centre in Vaughan (service manager wouldn’t even come out to speak to me to address a concern). Prior to owning a Tesla I came from Lexus, which is excellent in terms of post purchase customer care, so that was the standard I was comparing Tesla to and in the early days they were close to on par. Right now, my most recent experiences puts them below whatever might be the lowest (having said that…I still love the car, I just hate the company).

I just priced out a Taycan 4S with the options I'd prefer. (tech package, larger battery but no performance package) $180k + $16k in luxury tax. Polestar P3 is $100k. Not a direct comparison but having a hard time seeing the value at almost 2x the price. Nicer vehicle but that's really getting up there.

Two great vehicles for you though. Maybe consider the extended warranty on your new S if you plan to keep it.

Porsche is an Ego car. Looks great to the neighbors, and feels great to drive. You gotta pay $$$ for that feeling.

Nobody buys a Porsche to get lower maintenance costs. They are very expensive to repair.

The dealership makes a ton of money on every one they sell (often with additional dealership markups) and tend to treat their buyers well.

Owning a Porsche makes you feel kinda special. Someone that is willing to spend extra money to satisfy their egos.

Reactions: Hugh Mannity
I just priced out a Taycan 4S with the options I'd prefer. (tech package, larger battery but no performance package) $180k + $16k in luxury tax. Polestar P3 is $100k. Not a direct comparison but having a hard time seeing the value at almost 2x the price. Nicer vehicle but that's really getting up there.

Two great vehicles for you though. Maybe consider the extended warranty on your new S if you plan to keep it.
There is not a whole lot of sense in any car really and certainly not a whole lot when spending 100k or 200k but if I’m going to make a nonsensical purchase it’s got to make me feel some way. My Tesla always gave me that feeling. So does the Taycan (although it’s for my wife). The polestar doesn’t do a whole lot of anything for me. Probably wouldn’t want one for 30k.

As for the extended warranty…I don’t think Tesla offers that anymore. At least that’s what I was told in the store, or I’d certainly be getting it.

Porsche is an Ego car. Looks great to the neighbors, and feels great to drive. You gotta pay $$$ for that feeling.

Nobody buys a Porsche to get lower maintenance costs. They are very expensive to repair.

The dealership makes a ton of money on every one they sell (often with additional dealership markups) and tend to treat their buyers well.

Owning a Porsche makes you feel kinda special. Someone that is willing to spend extra money to satisfy their egos.
Or maybe someone that just really likes the car.