Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I don't know anything about the E Tron, but the Super Bowl commercial was good

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

What's with the huge grille on the front?? Batteries get so HOT they have to have air cooling? Or is it that they figure the average Audi buyer wants his car to look like a gas hog? Or maybe they had to use an engine because the car can't go that fast?

They're years behind the Tesla of six and a half years ago. Unless you must have a car that looks like it runs on gas.

What's with the huge grille on the front?? Batteries get so HOT they have to have air cooling? Or is it that they figure the average Audi buyer wants his car to look like a gas hog? Or maybe they had to use an engine because the car can't go that fast?

They're years behind the Tesla of six and a half years ago. Unless you must have a car that looks like it runs on gas.

I agree, pretty disappointing.

Superbowl Commercial:

etrongrill.PNG

Somebody is trolling somebody. That grill is hilarious.

View attachment 374324

Somebody is trolling somebody. That grill is hilarious.
The quote below is from here: Don't Expect The 2020 Audi E-Tron GT, Or Any Other Audi EV, To Ditch The Massive Grille @ Top Speed

Lichte also talked about the grille, which isn’t a relevant part on an electric car, which means it’s only there to serve stylistic purposes. "For Audi, it would be a big mistake to remove the grille. For our customers, it’s the Audi DNA. Before 2004, we didn’t have a unique face. It is very important that we don’t desert our face. So we said, why not invert it? It’s body color. For me, it’s still an Audi but not with a combustion engine." He then added that "this is the face of all our future EVs."​