Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I feel kinda out of place here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I first joined I didn’t have one either and thought there was no way I could get one for years. It is a great place to learn and follow the community. Just be aware you may decide to move up any Tesla purchase timelines if you become mildly obsessed like me. :)

For the most part the community is very welcoming to folks without cars. If you are genuinely interested folks are glad to answer questions and have non owners as part of the discussions.

I don’t have a Tesla but I’m fascinated by them so I feel like I’m out of place because most people here own a Tesla

Spending too much time on this forum is a slippery slope. Like a lot of folks, I joined here without a car or order, but ended up buying one a couple years ago, a decision I haven't regretted despite the crazy price tags.

As another poster said, don't test drive until you're confident your finances are sorted - the cars sell themselves quite well.

Reactions: TexasRat
Warning: Don't test drive unless you're in a position to buy.

Absolutely correct. Once you take one on a test drive, it is all over, except for the shouting.

Hehehehehe, what these two both said, totally!! I held off on going for a test drive until last Sept as I knew I couldn't afford a Tesla (I'd browsed the web site & seen the price tags) but then in Sept my Lexus had chuffed me off for the umpteenth time & I was in the market for a new car; and Tesla were doing cheap finance; and Tesla were visiting a local town "on tour" ... so I booked a test drive saying to my partner "I'm just going to see what they're like, I still can't afford one" ... then I came home saying "I have to have one!! How do I do it?" :D

So, long story short, I did a whole bunch of man maths to make the sums work & by the end of Sept I had a custom order in for my Model S :D Got the car Xmas Eve Eve & it's the best thing since sliced bread, love it!

It is not a requirement to own a Tesla to be here. You just need a love for the vehicle or a want to be helpful. I am sure there is something you know alot about that you can give your opinion about and help someone out. Thats the great thing about forums.

For example: I do not personally own a Tesla but I owned a detailing company and I am here to help anyone who might have questions about how to best take care of their car.

Reactions: mongo and P85_DA
"I have yet to pickup a Tesla"

I'm still waiting to pickup my Pickup
elon-musk-on-the-tesla-electric-pickup-truck-how-about-a-mini-semi-120461_1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: mongo