Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I get a clunk sound from the floor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected my model 3 on Saturday. Found a number of problems, one of which is when applying sudden pressure on the floor in rear passenger position I get a clunk sound like there’s something not properly attached - a bit worrying. Anyone else had this?

I picked up my model 3 on the 13th sept and heard the same clunk in the middle at the back just behind the centre front armrest, it did raise a concern to me, I just took it as a manufacture design where there;s nothing there but metal, but the sound of it sounds as if the metal there is just too thin.

There is no official fix apparently, at least according to the linked thread. It's known about and considered not important enough to fix (read: it would eat into the bottom line to apply sound deadening or whatever there).

I guess the end user unapproved fix would be to put some Dynamat there. Stuff like this, thin paint on door jambs etc might not be significant in the grand scheme of things, but it does cheapen the perceived ownership experience in my opinion.