Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I got a ticket for no front license plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eh? Actually, I have been pulled over via profiling back in the day. Hell, one time I barely got my keys out to open the door when I got lit up for having the temerity to resemble a guy that had just shot up a convenience store. So I guess that was a WWP - Walking While Plaid.

Anyway, so much for that assumption.

0-1.

As for entitlement, that's rich. No pun intended. It's a flat out fact that there are some owners who simply don't want front plates for aesthetic reasons. I have a personalized plate. It would probably look decent on the front of the new Model S when that time comes. In the meantime, I'll rely upon my MagnePlate kit in case I remember to use it if I ever find myself in Santa Monica. If you ever see my car at LAX, call the cops as it will have been stolen.

I believe my first post in this thread listed the ways my car may be out of compliance. In this state, that's a grand total of close to $2,000 in tickets and that's if I'm not speeding. Which, as an aside, I curiously no longer do much of since getting a Model S. There's just no need - and besides, it would shorten each trip. Rather antithetical, that.

I remain fully prepared to pay the tickets, as well as the significant cost of retinting, if and when I am randomly selected to donate revenue to the gubmint. Unless and until *that* day, I'll continue to appreciate the aesthetics, less glare, and dashcam footage.

Simple cost-benefit analysis.

Entitlement? Not so much.

0-2.
Except you just admitted to violating the law solely for vanity ("aesthetics"). If that's not an entitlement attitude, what in the heck is?

Balk.

Can someone verify if the refreshed model S, that they do install the license plate frame at pickup?

One of the many advantages of no engine, is extra storage. After much futzing it occurred to me the best way to mount the front license plate is using a simple lanyard. The tesla has a convenient slot on the hood through which you can string a hefty gauge wire. Attach this to the provided license plate holder and you've got a reasonably secure front license plate on demand. All you need is the provided license plate holder and 33 inches of wire.
1.String the wire through the hood (19 inches). image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
2. Attach the wire to each screw on the license plate holder.
3. Close the hood gently with the license plate out and the wire doesn't show and the holder is quite secure.
4. Swing the license plate back in to hide it.