Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I got HW 4.0 but NO FSD Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surprisingly it's not 11.4.6 / 11.4.7

Seems like they just built a new version based on newer software & existing beta.
I think that Tesla wants to get FSDb onto HW4 cars, but most of them are beyond the development branch. So, Tesla integrated the latest widely deployed version into the production branch, being 11.4.4.

11.4.6 is obviously dead. And 11.4.7 apparently has issues delaying it from being rolled out. So, that leaves 11.4.4 as the latest acceptable version to go to HW4 vehicles.

All of which really bites for those FSD owners on the development branch waiting for any updates. With 11.4.7 possibly heading down the 11.4.6 path, I'd say that Tesla appears to be having difficulty getting past some roadblocks, leaving us in software limbo. We're almost six months behind the production branch at this point. Perhaps its time for some catch up?

Reactions: GoodManFrank
Tesla needs to update all of us on 23.7.x/11.4.4 and 11.4.6 (it is only a bug update and nothing major from 11.4.4) to 23.26.10 and when 11.5.x is released give us a choice (maybe a switch) of moving to 11.5.x and keeping them on about the same software. Or at worse keep 11.5.x on 23.26.x while 11.4.4 moves to 23.30.x.

Now that would sure make me a happy camper (at least for a day or so 🤔 🤣 ).

I think that Tesla wants to get FSDb onto HW4 cars, but most of them are beyond the development branch. So, Tesla integrated the latest widely deployed version into the production branch, being 11.4.4.

11.4.6 is obviously dead. And 11.4.7 apparently has issues delaying it from being rolled out. So, that leaves 11.4.4 as the latest acceptable version to go to HW4 vehicles.

All of which really bites for those FSD owners on the development branch waiting for any updates. With 11.4.7 possibly heading down the 11.4.6 path, I'd say that Tesla appears to be having difficulty getting past some roadblocks, leaving us in software limbo. We're almost six months behind the production branch at this point. Perhaps its time for some catch up?
It could be a bug or just engineers stretched thin on all of the versions, new products and the mythical V.12 FSD Holy Grail.. no doubt delayed due to the conversion of processor clock cycles to the European and African Swallow wing speed velocity..

We can kiss working FSD beta on HW4 good bye… won’t be seeing anything this year

Attachments

• IMG_8692.jpeg
    IMG_8692.jpeg
    309.9 KB · Views: 93
I hope you are right but no one has any version of FSD beta that is working on HW4, which was launched 3 months ago. Do we have a timeline for this? We don’t so we both speculate, and again I hope I’m wrong.
It is NOT hope. That is from a TMC member. Beta was available to ALL HW4 buyers until the factory software passed 23.7. This means no Model Ys since then didn't start getting HW4 until after, so only S&X. Tesla just started a couple of days ago rolling out 23.26.10 with 11.4.4. But so far no confirmed HW4 cars have got it (that could change any minute or day). Also here is what Elon said about FSD Beta yesterday.

Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 6.06.13 AM.png

Last edited:
I just got my model Y from a model 3 trade in. I had FSD on my model 3. I was super excited for getting a brand new car and keep my FSD. The folks at Tesla did explained that I would miss just summon and smart summon, but it does not seem that this is the case. I don't see an option to enable FSD (says it needs an update) My car is on 2023.20.200. I hope that tweet from Musk saying we would all get it back next week to be true, otherwise it would be very disappointing.

Reactions: PagodaY
I just got my model Y from a model 3 trade in. I had FSD on my model 3. I was super excited for getting a brand new car and keep my FSD. The folks at Tesla did explained that I would miss just summon and smart summon, but it does not seem that this is the case. I don't see an option to enable FSD (says it needs an update) My car is on 2023.20.200. I hope that tweet from Musk saying we would all get it back next week to be true, otherwise it would be very disappointing.
As that is a factory software build your next update should release FSD. Just give it a little time fairly routine for new deliveries.

Yes, it just finished downloading and FSDbeta is now active in my HW4 Model Y. I took a spin though my community and as I was manually parking in my driveway I got a Safety Score ding for late night driving and for a "collision warning" from a neighbors parked van in their driveway.

• Funny
Reactions: zmarty
Sigh...my last software check was at 9:00 PM Eastern last night, apparently right before this started rolling out. So unless anyone knows a way to "force" a software search / update (I don't think there is), I will need to wait 24 hrs from the last check before checking for the update again, correct?