Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have a Plaid MX on order due in two weeks. I want to do the front "T" emblem in red without stickers....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want the entire front emblem in red so it looks 3d solid and not just the front sticker appliqué sold on Ebay.

Should I just remove the emblem then sand/prime/paint after my car arrives and DYI or is there a third party out there that sells them painted?

I have an emblem from a 2019 on hand but not sure if the part #'s are identical to the refreshed until I get the car in hand. Can anyone tell me if the emblem part# is the same from a 2019 and a 2022? Here is a pic...

Ive only seen the grill surround in custom colors but not the"T" emblem for the refresh.

Attachments

• IMG_3312.jpeg
    IMG_3312.jpeg
    567.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
I want the entire front emblem in red so it looks 3d solid and not just the front sticker appliqué sold on Ebay.

Should I just remove the emblem then sand/prime/paint after my car arrives and DYI or is there a third party out there that sells them painted?

I have an emblem from a 2019 on hand but not sure if the part #'s are identical to the refreshed until I get the car in hand. Can anyone tell me if the emblem part# is the same from a 2019 and a 2022? Here is a pic...

Ive only seen the grill surround in custom colors but not the"T" emblem for the refresh.
Paint it. Red lettering looks great on MSM

Attachments

• C2EC723A-6FB8-48B0-B4DA-20B2C5CB5011.jpeg
    C2EC723A-6FB8-48B0-B4DA-20B2C5CB5011.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 88
What did you end up doing?

I would paint the back "TESLA" word no problem.

As for the front emblem, I would recommend a complete emblem wrap (with the sides). I painted both front emblem and the rear "TESLA". The rear looks flawless after 30k miles, but the front emblem looks beat up. I tried to repaint it but all the chips would have to be refinished to get a smooth surface to look good for repainting or vinyl wrapping. Refinishing is kind of a pain. The vinyl is much easier to replace and only takes 15-20 minutes with no drying time. Painted pics below. Unfortunately I forgot to snap pics when I wrapped the front emblem (no longer have the car).

1645976675532.png
1645976742370.png