Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I like it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post.:) Contrats! got mine on 16th. Glad I went with 21", they look good although the ride is stiffer than expected.
Looking for front licence plate mount now.. Not really happy with what Tesla supplied. (2pwrwalls behind the car)View attachment 523119

I ordered the LR AWD in blue/white with the Inductions. I SO want the performance pack, but don't want the grey wheels! I guess one could take them in to be powder coated matte black...

So how is the ride compared to your S?
Honestly at this point I drove it home from the pickup spot (20 minutes away) and it's been in the garage since :). Bad timing. I would say that I do sort of miss my dual display on the S, and it feels a little less 'solid' in terms of door-thunk (and particularly frunk-thump) but that's to be expected with a lighter, less-expensive car.

I really like this plate mount. I got the magnetic one. Easy to pop off when washing the car or for any other reason. Premium quality product IMO. Magnets are REALLY strong. I have never used the included security screws just the magnets. Zero issues. Hopefully they will be available for the Y if the 3 version doesn’t fit.

OttoSteer

I have the same magnetic plate mount for my 3 and love it.

I really like this plate mount. I got the magnetic one. Easy to pop off when washing the car or for any other reason. Premium quality product IMO. Magnets are REALLY strong. I have never used the included security screws just the magnets. Zero issues. Hopefully they will be available for the Y if the 3 version doesn’t fit.

OttoSteer

Couple of pics of mine:

View attachment 523291

View attachment 523292

View attachment 523293

View attachment 523294

View attachment 523295

Thanks for the recommendation. I ordered Ottosteer M3 version. To me the gap in the front looked similar between
MY and M3. Hopefully it fits. One point of note, when heat pump is on, it blasts air out of the front grill.

Reactions: 03DSG
Thanks for the recommendation. I ordered Ottosteer M3 version. To me the gap in the front looked similar between
MY and M3. Hopefully it fits. One point of note, when heat pump is on, it blasts air out of the front grill.

You may want to contact the owner through the site. I found him very helpful in previous enquiries. He may know by know about the fit on the Y. It might save you having to return it?

You may want to contact the owner through the site. I found him very helpful in previous enquiries. He may know by know about the fit on the Y. It might save you having to return it?

When I emailed him a couple weeks ago, he mentioned that they plan on releasing a Model Y version, once they got their hands on one.

That is the one I’m leaning towards too, as I like that it uses the OEM bracket and gives it an OEM appearance.

Reactions: 03DSG
I think the ride quality with the 21" wheels is pretty good but if you're not used to sporty suspensions and ride quality then it may be a bit rough for you. This is my first Tesla and my other car is a Nissan GTR so take my words with a grain of salt, this is just my .02.
IMG_20200322_153250_438.jpg

My guess is the "sporty" ride quality will be "less sophisticated" in the Model Y than a the typical German "sports suv" - based on what we've seen with the Model 3. In general, I would expect it to not be as good as a Macan given that Porsche is routinely complimented in the automotive press with regard to their attention to ride quality relative to handling, road feel, etc.

I am REALLY hoping Elon caves on the whole "air suspension" thing...

Can you explain to a relative newbie what too firm means? I have a Performance with 21" on order and currently drive a Macan S. Is that considered a firm ride?
With a firm ride you feel bumps, potholes and road irregularities more than you would with a softer, more compliant ride. Even my wife’s new Lexus ES300h hybrid rides softer than my Model S and is more comfortable on bad roads. Of course my S is still more fun to drive.

Reactions: FredMertz
With a firm ride you feel bumps, potholes and road irregularities more than you would with a softer, more compliant ride. Even my wife’s new Lexus ES300h hybrid rides softer than my Model S and is more comfortable on bad roads. Of course my S is still more fun to drive.
My brief googling suggests that my Macan without any suspension upgrades would be considered pretty firm, although I only have 19" wheels. I should be OK!