Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I made a bed for my Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear all,

I would like to share my journey of making a bed for my Tesla Model 3!
Please find below some pictures of the result.
For the making off, please find my blog here:
The making of

If you have any question or remarks, please let me know!
13cWtQw5dkvRH2GKc4rpKUns5AoRtx3AU
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-02 at 15.43.45 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-02 at 15.43.45.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-02 at 15.43.44.jpeg

Remove the rear bench seat and buy an exped megamat duo. I think this is the easiest and most versatile solution since a bulky wood frame isn’t needed.

Interested in what you come up with for side windows shades from your blog post. I hung a jacket and stretched it out to cover rear windows when sleeping in the back but want a better solution.

Isn't the duo too wide? I even had problems with it fitting in my model s. For the model 3 I've been using the megamat single and like you said removing the bench seat cushion. I can just set up the cushion on floor so it works out well.

(Basically the megamats are just as comfortable as a bed but they are inflatable. You can even store them in the front trunk)

Isn't the duo too wide? I even had problems with it fitting in my model s. For the model 3 I've been using the megamat single and like you said removing the bench seat cushion. I can just set up the cushion on floor so it works out well.

(Basically the megamats are just as comfortable as a bed but they are inflatable. You can even store them in the front trunk)
Yea the width between rear wheel wells is 38" and the megamat duo is 41" so it bends a little in between but i just slightly underinflate it and it's no issue.

• Informative
Reactions: RyanT
Remove the rear bench seat and buy an exped megamat duo. I think this is the easiest and most versatile solution since a bulky wood frame isn’t needed.

Interested in what you come up with for side windows shades from your blog post. I hung a jacket and stretched it out to cover rear windows when sleeping in the back but want a better solution.

I thought of doing it like that, but there is a gap between the trunk and the rear bench.. Besides, it wanted the seat to be protected as you they are not protected by the rear bench..